photography

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
i will try that when i get my camera, how far does the bird have to be away ?
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i will try this when i get my camera, will you see that the wire is gone on the lcd screen ?
leon

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
leon-b said:
i will try this when i get my camera, will you see that the wire is gone on the lcd screen ?
leon
Should do...the screens don't show as much detail as a proper monitor but it should be obvious. If not...take a load more on different settings to be on the safe side....the beauty of digital! :D

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
I'm following this thread very carefully as I'll probably getting a camera in the new Year as well. Have WE :) decided on the Nikon? It does bother me about the lack of a viewfinder. I can't seem to find the image as well with a LCD screen (particularly on full zoom in bright conditions) but this may help.

Any thoughts?

Pablo

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
papblo thats the cheapest i have found it, on ebay there is one for £70 at the moment but i guess it will go up
leon

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
Pablo said:
I'm following this thread very carefully as I'll probably getting a camera in the new Year as well. Have WE :) decided on the Nikon? It does bother me about the lack of a viewfinder. I can't seem to find the image as well with a LCD screen (particularly on full zoom in bright conditions) but this may help.

Any thoughts?

Pablo

Although mine has a viewfinder as well, i have no problem with framing shots with the LCD screen. Even in the brightest conditions it is still possible to see what you are doing. Maybe this is specific to better quality cameras such as Canon and Nikon. I bought my wife a Canon G6 for her birthday this year and again no problems

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
ArkAngel said:
The range may have been updated by then but at the moment i would recommend a Canon pixma ip4300. They cost about £70
They have 5 cartridges in them.
Black (Double size for text printing and photos)
A separate photo black and then seperate yellow, blue, and red cartridges.

The quality is the best on the market there is nothing to touch them (and yes i will defend them to the hilt, i don't want to hear about HP, Lexmark or Epson. The canons are the best hands down)

ArkAngel said:
Most modern Epsons only have about 8ml in per cartridge,

I don’t know about “most Epson’s” as I have only owned three in the last 10 years as Epson just don’t seem to break down, but my Epson has 17ml in the black and 3x 10ml for the ‘three colour cartridge’.
Personally, I can understand why the cartridges of the Canon pixma ip4300 are so much bigger; at max resolution they use 33 times as much ink as my Epson. They also cost £11 each so that’s 5X11=£55, where as my Epson use just two at £7 and £16 (cheaper inks are available for the Epson )
My Epson prints enprint sized photos at photo quality, which is good enough for me.
So I’d say it’s all about what you use it for and what it costs to run. The Epson will cost more to buy I’ll grant you. The comparable printer to yours is the Epson R380 which costs about £30 more but in the long run it costs about 25% less per photo print.

leon-b said:
does the nikon coolpix s4 not have a view finder ?
leon
No, the older Nikons did, but newer ones, all seem to be without. It also doesn’t have a hot shoe for separate flash and battery life is not that great,

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
thats good enough for me, are you interested in getting the nikon coolpix s4 ?
leon

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
Yes mate. I love taking photos. I had a really good Canon EOS 35mm, but since the 'digital age' I've made do with a digi cam thats takes single shots. It's a bit bulky.

I need one which is smallish if not compact, under £200, macro and more than 5 x optical zoom. Thanks to your thread, I think I've found it in the Nikkon s4. I'm open to more ideas, but at the moment I think the s4 fits the bill. I notice it also does video. As I said, I'm not too sure about the lack of a viewfinder, but by all accounts, this doesn;t matter too much especially with the shade add-on that you can get.

Pablo

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
To be honest I could buy it now. I've saved it up, but I'm waiting in case the sales brings a price drop. I must say I don;t think the the ebay one for £125 can be beaten, especially since it comes with a 1 gig card and small stand.

Pabs

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
thats where i am most probs going to get my from, 1 gb should be emough for me
leon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE