photography

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
I think it was the highland wildlife park at the foot of the Cairgorms in Scotland.

Same with the snowy owl. If you look carefully to the right of his beak you can see the blood of his lunch that we were disturbing!

**Sorry** if these make it a bit difficult for anyone to load the page now there is so many photo's on it.

jon r

Native
Apr 7, 2006
England, midlands
www.jonsbushcraft.com
nice pics! what camera do you have?

Im getting a new cannon 400D tomorrow for christmas! Set me back about £600 with some added assesories!

Ive been interested in taking photos since i was a little boy :) and i plan to sell my photos when i have this a new camera!

Jon

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
jon r said:
nice pics! what camera do you have?

Im getting a new cannon 400D tomorrow for christmas! Set me back about £600 with some added assesories!

Ive been interested in taking photos since i was a little boy :) and i plan to sell my photos when i have this a new camera!

Jon

The 400 is a great camera i am led to believe by a friend who has just bought one.

At the moment i use one of these as i got tired of carrying loads of 35mm equipment round with me. Going digital has really given me the bug for photography again so i plan to upgrade to a EOS30 soon.

Camera.jpg

And the case

Bag.jpg

With the rain cover

Bagandcover.jpg

Oh and another nice shot i found :D

Otters.jpg

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
thats a lovely pic mate, that case is along the lines of what i want, i will go to the camera shop in town, di you say the lowe pro ones come with a raincover
#leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
jon r what are you going to photogaraph ?
will you sell them to a company or will you print them out and sell them ect ?
leon

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
leon-b said:
thats a lovely pic mate, that case is along the lines of what i want, i will go to the camera shop in town, di you say the lowe pro ones come with a raincover
#leon

Mine is called the Nova Micro AW.....
I assume the AW stands for all weather. Not all of the bags have these rain covers, some have no cover at all and some have a waterproof lining built in but are more expensive.
I plan to get a waterproof rucksack for my new camera as i intend to get a couple of lenses and a tripod.

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
jon r said:
looks like you have got some good kit and a tallent for photography!

What model is that ArkAngel?

Very kind words mate thank you.

That is the Nikon Coolpix 8800 VR (Vibration reduction)
They are no longer made but can be picked up for about £150 second hand.
8megapixel with a 35-350mm lens (can't be changed)

jon r

Native
Apr 7, 2006
England, midlands
www.jonsbushcraft.com
leon-b said:
jon r what are you going to photogaraph ?
will you sell them to a company or will you print them out and sell them ect ?
leon

I love taking photos of anything natural! Animals too if i can ever get close enough! :) I can post some of my pics if you like! :)

Im not sure where to sell them yet! Still looking!

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i'll see what the shop has got, ideally it would be tough, water resistant and have a small pocket for spare batteries.
i might buy the camera on boxing day
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
yes please post a few pics, i am interested in taking pictures of the same things you are
photography is a hobby but if you can make a little bit of cash at the same time then thats a bonus
leon

jon r

Native
Apr 7, 2006
England, midlands
www.jonsbushcraft.com
There you go! hope the loading doesnt fry your computer! :lmao:
These ware all taken with a simple 3.2 mega pixel digital camera! Which only cost me £100! And i have literally 1000's more!
bluebells.jpg

fungi.jpg

hoverfly.jpg

moss.jpg

sunset1.jpg

swan1.jpg

swan2.jpg

If anyone would like to buy one just PM me! :)

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Lovely Pics Jon! :D - love the watery grass?

can I ask how you add the cool watermark?

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i love the pics, the close ups are good aswell, it shows what can be done with a low megapixel camera. your shots with your new camera should be great, make sure you post them, do you take pictures regularly ?
leon

jon r

Native
Apr 7, 2006
England, midlands
www.jonsbushcraft.com
g4ghb said:
can I ask how you add the cool watermark?

I used Photoshop. If you have it, just write your text and then just turn the opacity of the layer down. :)

leon-b said:
do you take pictures regularly ?

I take pics all the time. I should carry my camera more often though because when im out in the woods i always see something really nice and wish i had my camera! :banghead: Its a true hobby of mine

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE