Photography shoot at the Bushmoot.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I've been doing a bit of research about the area around the Bushmoot and I think there are a few interesting locations handy for a bit of landscape type photography.

A few people have expressed an interest in learning a bit about the dark art so I thought I'd do something fairly informal at the Moot about it.

What I was thinking, and this depends somewhat on the weather, was an evening round the campfire gassing about pictures, techniques, equipment and so on, followed by an early start next morning to catch some nice light at one or two of the locations.

No extra costs involved, just bring your gear and have a bit of fun. (A tripod would be very useful, but not essential if you haven't got one.)

Anyone interested?

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I would be! I have a nice camera for snapping wildife for painting reference. for some reason Ive never become a very good photographer though.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
I've been doing a bit of research about the area around the Bushmoot and I think there are a few interesting locations handy for a bit of landscape type photography.

A few people have expressed an interest in learning a bit about the dark art so I thought I'd do something fairly informal at the Moot about it.

What I was thinking, and this depends somewhat on the weather, was an evening round the campfire gassing about pictures, techniques, equipment and so on, followed by an early start next morning to catch some nice light at one or two of the locations.

No extra costs involved, just bring your gear and have a bit of fun. (A tripod would be very useful, but not essential if you haven't got one.)

Anyone interested?
I'll be there if you promise not to laugh at my Olympus C5000c

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I'll be there if you promise not to laugh at my Olympus C5000c

No problem, your Olympus has everything you need to get good pictures.
Photocon.gif

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Count me in as long as it doesn't conflict with the flint knapping on Sunday. I have a Fuji S6500, so hopefully a lot you say will be beneficial to me and I might just start to understand photography a bit more! I'm sure I have a cheapy tripod somewhere with a spare base plate too, so I'll bring them and if somebody wants to share my tripod, they are quite welcome to.

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
I'm not great at Landscapes but I don't mind doing a people session if anyone is interested (I don't mean to jack the thread Wayland)

If there isn't any interest, I'll be happy to show people settings and what not if you like?

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
Sounds like a good plan to me, please count me in.
Only got an Olympus mu720 but would like to fully understand the different settings and what is possible with them.

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
I'm interested, my only problem would be weight limit as I'm flying down, it would be good tho, I've just got myself a digital slr, so any advice would be gratefully recieved.

Stephen

I am in a simmilar boat, also have DSLR that i really should learn to use properly and got a tripod as a gift from my parents holiday the other day, if i can keep my pack under 20kg for the plane i should be sorted.

Stoo.

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
Excellent! Myself and the Mrs would love to do this workshop, thanks Wayland! :You_Rock_

Any idea which evening / morning yet? Again my only concern is it clashing with the flint knapping that im doing on Sunday, being in the evening and early morning though I shouldn't think it'd clash.

I've got a FujiFilm S5700 (I'll be sure to bring my manual & tripod!), in October we are hoping to get a Canon EOS 450D so I'll be looking forward to this workshop greatly. :D

Wayland

Hárbarðr
All the cameras mentioned so far should be fine.

I'll pack a couple of spare tripods to help out with anyone who hasn't got one or can't bring one on a plane. We'll also discuss other options for times when a tripod isn't an option.

I would like a look around first so it won't be Friday / Saturday but beyond that it depends on the weather I guess.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Ill bring my camera along, and hopefully get to do the class, though Im booked in on flint knapping monday so it may be that times clash.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE