Pendulous Sedge - Carex Pendula

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 27, 2006
Kent
OK, so I have a fair quantity of seed here that I've just harvested and after it's been checked for Ergot, I'll probably lightly roast the grain a little before de-hulling and winnowing etc. I'd like to try it out in a seed mix and have a few other ideas of my own but I can't find any useful references on the net.

Has anyone here got any experience with it or experimented with it?

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
No, but I can tell you that sedge doesn't get ergot, which is one of the attractions of it.

HERBz

Tenderfoot
Dec 9, 2007
Loughton
The only recommendation I can give is that Ray showed how to process it in his wild food series, I think it was in the summer harvest episode but it may have been the woodland one.

Herbie

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
Excellent, thanks gregorach. I had a suspicion it might not but could find no written evidence to support it.

I've just spoken to someone on another forum who's done some trials with it & got some pointers for processing so now all I have to do is set to it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE