Pembroke Coast

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Topcat02

Settler
Aug 9, 2005
Dymock, Gloucestershire
Hi All,

Anyone up to speed on the activities in/around Pembrokeshire. I am taking the family to Pembrokeshire for a week at the end of May.

I have had a quick look on a number of websites, and have seen that there a number of places I can learn to canoe, kayak, etc.

Any other activities/operators that people can recommend in the area. Is the coastline suitable for collecting/eating shellfish?

Cheers

TC

buffalobill

Tenderfoot
Sep 14, 2005
Wales
There was a place called Fresh Adventure in Freshwater East that did canoeing, kayaking coasteering etc.

They closed last year when the roof of their building blew off in a storm! Word was they were reopening this year though.

As for collecting shellfish, the beach at Rhoscrowther (Angle Bay) is good for collecting cockles at low tide.

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
There is a guided canoe tour up the Cleddau which is quite interesting. Looks at the flora and fauna along with the history of the area. You are in candian canoes, and there's no prior experience needed. Pembrokeshire Watersports, Cleddau River Centre, 01646 622013

Loads of other stuff to do; geocaching, walking, climbing etc.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
I may be doing Pembrokeshire a disservice but after the Sea Empress there maybe some residue problems with the shell fish.

I would be interested if more knowledgable people out there know how long the oil spill would effect this part of the food chain?

bow drill

Oct 12, 2005
wales
:lmao: :) no problem with the shell fish the mackeral fishing is excellent sea is as clean as any where, there are a couple of charter boats working in the area alan lewis is a good skipper,can give his number if you want, plenty of diving as well place is littered with wrecks,try and get round some of the coastal path views are excellent
if you can let me know were about you are staying i will get some more info for you

it helps being local
all the best
bowdrill :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

xairbourne

Jan 10, 2006
Pontypool
www.youtube.com
I recently attended a fish preparation course and I was told filter feeders like mussels etc need to be treated by fresh water filtering before eating ( 24 hrs in fresh water ) This was a recommendation, you can cook and eat them but you may run a risk of illness.

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
xairbourne said:
I recently attended a fish preparation course and I was told filter feeders like mussels etc need to be treated by fresh water filtering before eating ( 24 hrs in fresh water ) This was a recommendation, you can cook and eat them but you may run a risk of illness.

I was recommended to sprinkle a little bit of "ready brek" in the water to get them busy feeding too, so the crud gets excreted faster. Did they say anything about that?

Topcat02

Settler
Aug 9, 2005
Dymock, Gloucestershire
bow drill said:
:lmao: :) no problem with the shell fish the mackeral fishing is excellent sea is as clean as any where, there are a couple of charter boats working in the area alan lewis is a good skipper,can give his number if you want, plenty of diving as well place is littered with wrecks,try and get round some of the coastal path views are excellent
if you can let me know were about you are staying i will get some more info for you

it helps being local
all the best
bowdrill :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

We are staying at Abercastle, any gumpf on what thats like?

xairbourne

Jan 10, 2006
Pontypool
www.youtube.com
ilovemybed said:
I was recommended to sprinkle a little bit of "ready brek" in the water to get them busy feeding too, so the crud gets excreted faster. Did they say anything about that?

No they didn’t go that much into it they just said they needed to be flushed out, and after sampling 12 bottles of wine that’s the only thing I remember...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE