Peanut lighter?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Never understand this keyring stuff.

Weight on your starter motor isnt good for it, and you are sure to damage all but the robust of itemage.
House keys, not car keys. Even when I had a car or bike, I keep the vehicle keys on a separate clip that I could then take off the main key bundle and use separately. My key ring only has the front door key on, as that's all I need,most of it is edc. Mini torch, opinel minni penknife, etc.

Reactions: Toddy

Megatramp

Feb 16, 2024
Ashfield
I may be late to the party but my recommendation would be the tiny Dolphin mini peanut style lighter. Mine holds fuel unbelievably well, measures only 1" and cost £4.

I also recently found a mini clipper in a copper plated metal caddy at the local pound shop.

Both are perfect for when I want something a little more interesting than a plastic Bic in my pocket. It's the little things I guess.

Reactions: Pattree

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
That's awesome, didn't realise they made a mini. Are they available in the UK?

I have one, they’re not that mini, I wouldn’t pocket carry one.

Mike of MikesKnives used to stock them, give him a bell? I bought one of each Neo’s from him at £30 each inc. delivery in 2020, prices are mad now!!!

If you’re going to get a Douglass Neo, I strongly recommend the Type II. It has o-ring sealed caps on lighter and flint, no evaporation and no wet flint wheel.

None of the Neo’s are peanut lighters though. @Megatramp … if I can find my 4, it’s unused in box somewhere in a box in my parents garage, would you like me to drop you a PM? I have to visit sometime this week and can have a look.

Last edited:

Megatramp

Feb 16, 2024
Ashfield
I have one, they’re not that mini, I wouldn’t pocket carry one.

Mike of MikesKnives used to stock them, give him a bell? I bought one of each Neo’s from him at £30 each inc. delivery in 2020, prices are mad now!!!

If you’re going to get a Douglass Neo, I strongly recommend the Type II. It has o-ring sealed caps on lighter and flint, no evaporation and no wet flint wheel.

None of the Neo’s are peanut lighters though. @Megatramp … if I can find my 4, it’s unused in box somewhere in a box in my parents garage, would you like me to drop you a PM? I have to visit sometime this week and can have a look.
That would be great. I saw them on there some time ago but don't recall seeing the 4.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Never understand this keyring stuff.

Weight on your starter motor isnt good for it, and you are sure to damage all but the robust of itemage.

You could potentially start to damage your ignition barrel given enough weight but only if you start getting silly. The peanut lighters are tiny and would be the only other items on my keys apart from keys.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Apologies for going off topic with these, they’re not peanut lighter, but have interest. I found a few more, and none have been seen for several years. I mentioned the one with both caps held fuel for a while. This was last filled sometime in 2021 and is still full enough for the wick to look wet with fuel.

IMG_1570.jpegIMG_1569.jpegIMG_3957.jpegIMG_3954.jpegIMG_3955.jpeg

Reactions: gg012

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE