Out in the woods, for the last 2 day's. Pic's heavy!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Simon1

Nomad
Nov 17, 2005
Maidstone area in kent
Hi all,
Thought I would post the pics of the last couple of day's camping.
My home made hammock blanket didn't work, as it didn't fit.
I went with your suggestions of the thermorest in a bivi and my sleeping bag in that!!! Worked really well,and kept me toasty warm!!!
IMGP3203.jpg

IMGP3205.jpg

IMGP3197.jpg

IMGP3200.jpg

IMGP3206.jpg

IMGP3196.jpg

IMGP3193.jpg

IMGP3192.jpg

IMGP3188.jpg

IMGP3212-1.jpg

Last edited:

Woodcutter

Feb 6, 2006
Kent
Great pics guys, it can't be beaten, out in the woods. Mess tins, crusader mugs and a tarp... perfect. No trace pic at the end is just how it should be, nice one.

Simon1

Nomad
Nov 17, 2005
Maidstone area in kent
Thanks Woodcutter, yes alway's left as we find it, it doesn't take long to leave no trace, its kind of one of the best part's for me!!!
Shame I couldn't get a good photo of the pair of buzzards that live in the wood as well!!!!
Next time!!!
Thanks for your kind comments!!!

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
Nice. Im also a fan of the leave no trace photo - good effort!
I was wondering while out in the woods in the glorious sunshine - do woodchips from carving count as a trace? They make it obvious you've been there, but i figure that its better for the ecosystem to leave the extra wood to decompose.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
brilliant,..

i,m getting withdrawal and its only been a week or two since last i was out,....

looks a lovely day in a lovely bit of woodland,...

tent looks a bit saggy,....lol.

Cheers

Stu

Simon1

Nomad
Nov 17, 2005
Maidstone area in kent
Hi Realbark,
Its a vango Banshee 200, great little tent,as long as your not too big!!! I have one and my nephew, has this one, he is 6ft and say's he fits ok!!!!

Simon1

Nomad
Nov 17, 2005
Maidstone area in kent
Hi,
Thanks for all your nice comments, we really had a nice time, can't wait for the next outing, however not so nice to hear from the land owner that they have had trouble with deer poachers in the woods!!!!!! Don't fancy being shot in my hammock!!!!!!!!
Lol, yes Railkey, the boy still has a lot to learn!!!!!!! lol!!!

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
Hi,
Thanks for all your nice comments, we really had a nice time, can't wait for the next outing, however not so nice to hear from the land owner that they have had trouble with deer poachers in the woods!!!!!! Don't fancy being shot in my hammock!!!!!!!!
Lol, yes Railkey, the boy still has a lot to learn!!!!!!! lol!!!

he'll get there mate,...(with your guidance no doubt :):):))

deer poachers,...??

i knew a guy who used to go after deer on other peoples land,... ,..he used dogs ,..,...so your more likely to get barked at loudly then shot,...

Simon1

Nomad
Nov 17, 2005
Maidstone area in kent
Lol, Yes Railkey,
I was told that last week they were in the woods taking pot shots!!! Red lamping!!!! just hoped that I didn't look like a deer wrapped up in my hammock!!!! lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE