one year on

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

capt.dunc

Forager
Oct 11, 2011
dundee
i joined this site one year ago and just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone on here. (i've posted in this section so as to thank as many as possible, mods feel free to move it)

THANK YOU EVERYBODY, and i mean everybody, from the noob who asks a simple question which sometimes leads to discussion or a side topic, to the kings and queens of fabrication who make the most inspiring tools etc, the grizzley mountain men and women who teach old tricks and id stuff and of course to uncle ray who we all know is a regular poster on this site (you know who you are ;))

i've learnt so much from here, i used to try to learn one new food and one new constellation a year, but now i'm adding new stuff every couple of months. i've made so much, from my first knives to a hammock, midge net and uq, as well as carving, weaving, friction fires and so much more.

i can't wait to see what the next year brings, thanks, duncan.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
One year and 73 posts? Blimey...

I haven't been on here much longer than that and have made over 3,000. I've spent hundreds of pounds acquiring kit and made some very good friends, not to mention all the great stuff I've learnt

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk

I haven't been on here much longer than that and have made over 3,000. I've spent hundreds of pounds acquiring kit and made some very good friends, not to mention all the great stuff I've learnt

Could it possibly be that capt.dunc has been outside practising his skills instead of being inside posting on a forum? :rolleyes:

(and yeah, I've got over 3000 posts too :D)

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Nice one Duncan. I am sure the boss will appreciate that positive feedback.

I for one have used BCUK as a living encyclopedia over the last eight years to always like you to continually try out new ideas I come across on here.

Cheers

George

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
You talk too much :D

Wayland

Hárbarðr

Blimey... I only manage a thousand posts a year and I talk for a living.

You need to get out a bit more.

Completely agree with Duncan's sentiments though. This place is a constant inspiration to me.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Well said Dunc!
I love this place and have learned much here - mind you I find most peoples post rates rather wimpy....
When not out and about I practically live on this site and post more than most...
Just gobby I guess! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE