One Tool............

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
Say Your in a temparate forest, similar to those found in england.
However, you are there for 7 days,
You need:
Shelter
Fire
Food
Water

Your only allowed to carry one cutting tool, your clothes, some cordage, a ferro rod, thermarest and a sleeping bag.

Which cutting tool would you choose for this senario?

please state Which tool and why, EG "i would carry a mora clipper because............"

ATB
Josh

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
I think I'd carry a kukri, they are easy enough to use for most jobs where you would usually use an axe or a knife plus you can use it for clearing away brambles and things like that.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Nice thought, but I would be GUARANTEED to lose a thumb sooner or later, so I'll stick with the knife :lmao:

that would be my second choice, My BG woodsman B&T is an amazing tool and can limb with a batton, but i think an axe would be more usefull as a one tool option.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Still an MOD survival knife ,,lol ,
works for shelter building ,and fire wood prep and feather sticks .
2006_0116wolf0025.jpg

Twodogs

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
SFA - and if possible I'd like to swap the cordage and TaR for a bivvy bag (and billy). Nice debris shelter will do just nicely. An axe would be helpfull in my neck of the woods as there aren't much branches etc. to built one

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Dave and the guys beat me to it.

I recently got hold of an old billhook and it is rapidly becoming my favourite tool. Taking over from my F1.

Phill

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
It would have to be my Cegga BR axe I suppose, I'd much prefer a knife but if there's shelter building to do then an axe would make more sense.

Can't comment on a billhook or similar as I've never handled one, yet :)

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Yeah, a billhook sounds like the right sort of thing, but I've not used one enough to be confident about it. So, shelter building... Round this way, it's mostly plantation pine - difficult to deal with without an axe of some kind. GB Wildlife hatchet it is then. Pretty poor for felling, but not bad for snedding and splitting (at least small timber, which is all you're getting), whilst small and handleable enough to be used instead of a knife for general stuff. SFA might well be a better choice, but I ain't got one or used one much.

Still, if you think I'm going anywhere (other than the pub) without even a penknife in my pocket, you've got another think coming... ;)

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
i would also take a bill hook - preferable on with a swell at the tip to allow for easier splitting.

andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE