one for titanium lovers????

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Slow boiling even for meths, probably due to the amount of Ti to heat up. Not really worth it. If you like small meths stoves get the white box stove from backpackinglight.co.uk. Even the Decagon Ti meths stove from Vargo is probably better. Don't buy it from there as you can probably get one from BPL-UK or Outdoorswarehouse for about the price it will probably end up at.

Get yourself an Evernew DX multi-fuel stove. The one from BPL-UK with a Ti burner or just get the outer and use a tatonka or trangie clone burner. Burn wood, esbit, hexi or meths in it. Costs more thought but is a nice shiny Ti gear which should satisfy your buying urge.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Somebody gave me one of these a few months back for Xmas.... awful thing. Takes a year to heat up a mug and the silly legs sink into the hardest ground and topples over.

bigandy

Nomad
Mar 4, 2010
horwich lancashire
trust me i wont be buyin one i have about a thousand packs of hexamin blocks to use up as well as oher stoves!was just posting it cause i know we all like our gadgets!although i like the legs!

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
The one I'm going to show you has the detachable meths burner so you could burn hexy in the stand!

Are you around this weekend I'll pop it down to you.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
The legs can be pushed into the ground to make them more stable apparently. Still avoid as they have a reputation for a very slow boil however I did hear that it might be slow but is efficient. Not sure of that but I have seen a video podcast from PodcastBob where he compared WBS solo and duo the triad and the decagon together with a trangia burner. The TRangia when filled to the brim burnt longest the decagon next and the triad then the duo and last obviously the solo. The decagon and the triad were quicker to bloom than the WBS. Thee trangia burner (not needing to bloom before using) was the first to be able to have the pot above. The WBS is more gas fire like in its boil times so no wonder it burns out quicker. The triad, decagon and trangia can all be put out apparently but not sure how except in the Trangia's case. The meths allowed to cool and poured back into the bottle. All helps in efficient fuel use.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE