Once upon a time, in the middle of nowhere... (Pic heavy!)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
OK then :) It is @atelier_ravnen
It is just one big mess of everything. Now you have been warned :p

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
Janne, right now I have 13 horses at home in addition to my pupils, and no employees, so I'm feeling a bit swamped right now :-o
I'm supposed to train 7 horses 5 days a week, in addition to feeding, cleaning, shoeing, surveying pregnant mare, preparing a new breeding season, and all the other non-horse related jobs here, haha!
May and June will be more relaxed (I hope, but I'm probably just delusional).
So shooting business is a bit neglected right now ;)

Last edited:

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Janne, right now I have 13 horses at home in addition to my pupils, and no employees, so I'm feeling a bit swamped right now :-o
I'm supposed to train 7 horses 5 days a week, in addition to feeding, cleaning, shoeing, surveying pregnant mare, preparing a new breeding season, and all the other non-horse related jobs here, haha!

June will be a good month for you... :)

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden

That is a lot of horse!!

You know, you should start collecting the long hairs from the tails. Fantastic material to weave stuff from, like straps.

I wish your summer months get easier and more relaxing!

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
Thank you Janne! :)
This time of year is always a bit crazy. Good for business, but bad for my shooting practice ;)
But I'm counting on having more time in a few weeks.

Sent fra min HUAWEI TIT-L01 via Tapatalk

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
I'm counting on it! In June I'll have the only thing closely resembling vacation this year, even for just a few days :p

Sent fra min HUAWEI TIT-L01 via Tapatalk
Something tells me you're gonna need a holiday from the holidays , if you know what i mean 😁

😝

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
You might be right! But climbing those peaks will probably having me sleeping like a baby for once, so I might actually feel refreshed when I get home :)

"Bring a compass. It's awkward when you have to eat a friend."

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
You might be right! But climbing those peaks will probably having me sleeping like a baby for once, so I might actually feel refreshed when I get home :)....

In Desert Storm I slept like a baby: woke up every couple of hours, swished for a bottle, and cried myself back to sleep.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
You might be right! But climbing those peaks will probably having me sleeping like a baby for once, so I might actually feel refreshed when I get home :)

Hope so Arya !👍👍

Can't wait for the trip report!!
Pix and all 😉

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
In Desert Storm I slept like a baby: woke up every couple of hours, swished for a bottle, and cried myself back to sleep.
You were in Desert Storm?
All these people in this forum with all these different lives... It's amazing!

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
You were in Desert Storm?
All these people in this forum with all these different lives... It's amazing!

Yes. I enlisted in 1976 and retired in 1997. I got to see a lot of the world while serving.

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
A small update from this corner of the earth :)

I´ve been baby sitting a German Shepherd for friends of mine, for 14 days. It was really nice to have a dog in the house again, and I got a hiking buddy just as enthusiastic in the woods as I am.
He´s one year old, and training to be a police dog, so I had free reins with environment- and search training. What a nose on this guy! I look forward to see how he develops in the future!

Max13 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr
Search with obstacles.

Max1 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

Max4 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr
"Where´s the beavers?"

Slaktedag by Lykketrollet, on Flickr
I´ve also got two new lambs in the freezer. I´ve gotten a really good price on one year olds, and find I enjoy the taste even more than the lambs born the same year.
I´m also considering getting a small herd myself, of the breed "Norsk Villsau", a very old and healthy breed. The meat is wonderful, and their skins are very popular.
Time is going to be decisive in the decision, but I hope I can manage :)

Stihl1 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

Stihl2 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr
Early Easter celebration with my brothers :D They needed handles for their cute little viking axes and halberds, purely for reenactment purposes, so we went out looking for Ash but ended up with Birch and Rowan.
And yes... I know I really should wear a full protection kit when handling a chainsaw, which I do when I´m cutting for more than 10 minutes or bigger/more difficult trees. So if anyone wants to point that out, I already know. I was just lazy!

Vaktelogstubbe by Lykketrollet, on Flickr
Quails still alive and laying eggs!

Paddock1 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr
The snow is gone, and two very old Norse breeds are enjoying the warmer weather together!

Hovlandsdalselva2 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

Hovlandsdalselva by Lykketrollet, on Flickr
On this photo you can see the old remnants of the stone bridge that used to cross the river back in the days. Top left corner :)

Elgstek by Lykketrollet, on Flickr
Celebrating my mothers birthday with some of the Moose I butchered last autumn :)

Høner1 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr
Happy chickens patrolling the hood. I have three chickens brooding on eggs now, so I suspect we´ll have tiny yellow ones wandering around here soon.

Høy by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

Humle3 by Lykketrollet, on Flickr
The first Queens are out, filling their reserves before looking for the perfect home :D

Granbar by Lykketrollet, on Flickr

Oh, and I think I just got myself a new breeding mare! ;)

Thank you for reading!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE