On my doorstep (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 17, 2008
Hampshire
Inspired by Wayland's images of his local area, I took a compact camera out with me this morning. Here are a few pictures of what's on my doorstep...

DSCN0097.jpg

Blue sky and no wind; crisp snow on the ground, and glad I have the day off work.

DSCN0099.jpg

Snow on the wall in front of the house.

DSCN0102.jpg

This pond is across the road; there's often a heron standing at the water's edge - but not today. Shot towards the sun, so not the best exposure.

DSCN0104.jpg

Moss and ice on the gatepost of the field next to the house.

DSCN0105.jpg

This morning was bright and crisp, giving a wonderful light that brought out the textures of the gate.

DSCN0106.jpg

No gritters come our way!

DSCN0107.jpg

Berries in the hedgerow.

DSCN0115.jpg

These two really enjoy the snow.

DSCN0120.jpg

Soaking up the sun - and evading the dogs.

DSCN0121.jpg

About a quarter of a mile down the road there's a wind farm. I was up at 0330 the other morning, and in the cold, still air you hear the windmills - it's a strangely soothing sound.

DSCN0122.jpg

This is Big Collin - in warmer weather people fling themselves off it on hang-gliders.

DSCN0123.jpg

Mist on the hillside. The pylons connect the windfarm to the grid.

DSCN0125.jpg

We can see this lake from the house; it's a fishery now, but used to be the millpond for several local flax mills. Note the ice in the foreground.

The sun's gone now, and as I write this it's grey and gloomy outside, and substantially colder, a harbinger of worse weather to come.

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
:) Nice photos SP, everyone is posting snowy photos and yet here, under the South side of the Sussex Downs I haven't even seen frost yet!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE