Old Ray Mears Series.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
Hi everyone,

I don't know if you're all aware but Ray Mears made a couple of series in the '90s called 'Tracks' and 'World of Survival'. These series are not available on DVD like 'Extreme survival' and 'Bushcraft' and I think this is a great shame. 'Tracks' in particular is often regarded as his best series.

What I'm trying to do is get these series released on DVD. This matter has been raised briefly here before but obviously nothing came of it :(

I've done some poking around and found that the 2 series are not owned by Woodlore but by the BBC.
I e-mailed the BBC and they replied saying there were no plans to release them but if enough interest was shown they may possibly consider it. I was told that I should contact the Commissioning Editor by letter and they gave me the address. I am writing a letter and posting it today.

I am intending to post the address here and get as many of us as possible to write to the BBC to see if we can get someting sorted out.

EDIT:- here's the address:

The Commissioning Editor
BBC World Wide Ltd.
Woodlands
80 Wood Lane
London
W12 0TT

Anyone interested in joining me?

Many thanks, :D

-Switch-

Reactions: rapidboy

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
I'm just waiting for a reply from a Moderator or Administrator to see if it'd be ok to post up this guys address. The BBC gave it to me and said to write to him so I don't see why it would be a problem, but best to wait for the bosses to OK it. :)

I have to say though, I'm a little dissappointed that over 200 people can look at this thread and only 13 say yes... :sigh:

I was hoping for maybe 15% of the members - that'd give us over 500 letters!

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
I have to say though, I'm a little dissappointed that over 200 people can look at this thread and only 13 say yes... :sigh:

Maybe 200 people don't like Ray Mears I don't :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE