Novel Survival Bracelet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
Thank god you're asking how to make it :p This is just like that Tactical Monkey's fist, except more overpriced. If you're ever going to need it, you're obviously going to need to know how to put it back together anyway!

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/index.php/DIY/Paracord-Bracelet-Tutorial.html
One right here :D If you want one that uses more paracord (so you have more when you need it) you can find them on Google, just search "Paracord bracelet". Just make sure it's made out of one whole length rather than multiple pieces.

Pete

PS: That teaches me for being a rambler :D

iamasmith

Forager
Aug 12, 2009
London
Mad enough to try to recreate this thing at some point. I think it would be great to replace the braid around my Tilley T3 with something useful that could yield a decent amount of cord rapidly ^^

I made one a few weeks ago - and I was dead chuffed with myself as this was the first bit of fancy knotting I'd done in years. Mine is the Cobra weave and is one continuous length of paracord. For my skinny, wee wrists I only used about 2m/7ft, but you can make a King Cobra which uses double the amount. I didn't want to have something too bulky on my wrists.

Pictures of mine on my blog with a link to one of the videos I followed.

iamasmith

Forager
Aug 12, 2009
London
Cool swanscot, does it pull out though? that's the critical thing really for me that it should be useful.

I was thinking some time ago of using a turks head with quite a lot of bites to go round my hat but I dismissed it as probably unsightly (doesn't do the knot justice) and awkward to unravel. (ah, I'm being lazy, I'll grab the cord tonight and try it)

Cool swanscot, does it pull out though? that's the critical thing really for me that it should be useful.

It won't PULL out, ie one quick yank and unravel, but you can untie it. It is a simple knot repeated along the length of a 'base' cord and you can unpick it fairly quickly. (I know, as I unpicked the first attempt a couple of times when I lost the Left, Right, Left, Right... sequence!) For my finished bracelet, I'd simple force apart the melted end and unpick.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Perhaps its called a Novel Survival Bracelet because you've got something to read between survival and rescue situations!
happy0009.gif

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE