Norwich and Norfolk group new thread!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Not going myself, thanks for asking though!

i went to see him there in 2004, he was lecturing on the WW2 norway survival thing(can't remember the name).
good entertaining stuff!
expect to see a few "outdoor'y" people in the audience! :lmao:

as for the bar, :eek: "Run" or you'll never get a drink in time!

you'll love it! :You_Rock_

bushtank

Nomad
Jan 9, 2007
king lynn
we have already thought of that and have both got onboard refreshment (camalbac) filled with whisky :beerchug:anyway both ady and myself rule the roost in kings lynn no worries there

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
shame on you! :lmao:

you should have "said" you're taking some birch sap wine! :lmao:

do you Kingslynn guy's want a meet up soon?

prehaps we could meet up half way like near swafham? :)

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
:eek: nope!

i know of a nice bit of woodland near Raf Marham though!

the woodland is just south of the airfield , theres an unmade rough track leading to a parking area.( i think it's signposted as a carpark)

grid ref: TF 767 093

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Nice to see you back on line Richard, nothing much to report to busy with work, still, looking forward to an overnighter sometime soon if anybody is thinking of arranging one (i would but i can never commit until last minute because of work :( ) until then hope everyone is enjoying the weather. :D

WHAT IS EVERYBODY ELSE DOING??? :D

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
RAPPLEBY2000 said:
anyone fancy an evening walk around the hellesdon costessey area tomorow evening?
It's my day off tomorrow but I've plans for the evening. Hope the weather stays nice for you though.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
thomasturnbull: sounds like a great place where is that in relation to kings lynn
it's a couple of miles south west of the center of norwich city.

it's not close to Kings lynn! sorry, mate the wife is going to visit the in-laws with the kids, i thought i'd have a nice quiet day or two without the kids!

Snufkin: It's my day off tomorrow but I've plans for the evening. Hope the weather stays nice for you though.
:rolleyes:
one of these day's our free days off will clash! ;)

lord lurcher

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2005
norwich, norfolk
only just checked out the thread as been well busy! Would of been up for a wander tonight, you should of phoned me Rich! just getting dark now, so another time. Anyone heading to the Game and country fair this weekend? Good place to pick up bits you dont normally find ;) last time there were boxes of antlers, buffalo horn etc, tanning kits at cheap prices! If you're headed that way anyone post up a reply and possibly meet up at the show. Hope to see y'all soon, keep the faith :D

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Hi All.. I haven't done much bushcrafty things of late, work is taking much time.
A few walks ,but only short ones with our lurcher, she can't go far at the moment. The marshes are beginning to get nicely green, seen barn owls, herons, heard a cuckoo a few days ago, and the frogs and newts have reappeared in our pond. Oh, and we had a muntjac doe in the garden! She didn't stay long though, although I had noticed a tree had it's bark chewed up a few days before we saw her, so she may well be a regular visitor. the bats are out, I am glad to say, but so far, no swallows here. :You_Rock_

bushtank

Nomad
Jan 9, 2007
king lynn
jojo said:
Hi All.. I haven't done much bushcrafty things of late, work is taking much time.
A few walks ,but only short ones with our lurcher, she can't go far at the moment. The marshes are beginning to get nicely green, seen barn owls, herons, heard a cuckoo a few days ago, and the frogs and newts have reappeared in our pond. Oh, and we had a muntjac doe in the garden! She didn't stay long though, although I had noticed a tree had it's bark chewed up a few days before we saw her, so she may well be a regular visitor. the bats are out, I am glad to say, but so far, no swallows here. :You_Rock_
The swallows are here in kings lynn at the farmers arms knights hill hotel where they nest every year

Jay-Jay

May 11, 2006
Thetford
Hi guys, what's everybody been up to? Surely not working so hard that you can't play any more!
All work and no play etc.
Hey Lord Lurcher long time no see. I need some tips on lamping rabbits and guess who i thought of :rolleyes:
Hope to meet up with you guys again soon, i got sooooo many questions!

bushtank

Nomad
Jan 9, 2007
king lynn
im here and have been well busy practising the bow drill got it sorted now but i do think the hardest thing is to get a flame from the ember :beerchug:

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
add some reedmace fluff (not sure what the proper term is) in with your tinder bundle and your ember should burst into flame quite quickly
leon

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
thomasturnbull said:
i have got just about all the different tinders you can get i think i just need to get a bigger ember
Use a coal extender like birch polypore. Carry a dried one with you and shave off paper thin slices and put these at the centre of your tinder bundle. They won't catch fire themselves but they will glow really hot, increasing your chance of getting a flame. You could also use charcloth for the same purpose.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE