Norwich and Norfolk group new thread!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GearGuru

Forager
Jun 7, 2006
Market Deeping
as you write below there will be a history of the last few posts, use you mouse to highlight a section you want to copy (like in microsoft word) and then press this button (just above and right of your typing area)

aha thats how its done :)

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Glad to be of service! :D

i just have one week of summer hols to go then i shall organise a meetup! possibly the week after?
6th to the 10th of september
please post your best days for a meet up
we'll have a local meet for an afternoon somewhere nearby.
like we did at whitlingham lane and mousehold heath.
so the new guys can meet the old (well not that old's ;) ) as i mentioned before bring kit to make a drink/food and clothes appropriate to the day,
there is no "in crowd" outfit (as you'll see from the photos :) ) just come as you are.

GearGuru

Forager
Jun 7, 2006
Market Deeping
RayS and myself are going to the gathering. Anyone else coming?? :eek:

Not sure I'll be able to make the next meet as m goin to the gatherin and then the land rover show is on the following wkend then m getting close to movin ouse. :eek:

Rabbleby can we organise a meet in Thetford next month sometime ?? :naughty:

:headbang:

GearGuru

Forager
Jun 7, 2006
Market Deeping
Theres a nice paddle from Thetford along the river. I could bring my open boat, lurcher could bring his inflatable and anyone else who has em could bring theirs too. I dont think the portage runs would be too bad with a few cars either end. Tell me what u think?? :rolleyes:

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
GearGuru said:
Theres a nice paddle from Thetford along the river. I could bring my open boat, lurcher could bring his inflatable and anyone else who has em could bring theirs too. I dont think the portage runs would be too bad with a few cars either end. Tell me what u think?? :rolleyes:
That sounds good. I've always wanted to try canoeing.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
RAPPLEBY2000 said:
Glad to be of service! :D

i just have one week of summer hols to go then i shall organise a meetup! possibly the week after?
6th to the 10th of september
please post your best days for a meet up
so the new guys can meet the old (well not that old's ;) ) as i mentioned before bring kit to make a drink/food and clothes appropriate to the day,
there is no "in crowd" outfit (as you'll see from the photos :) ) just come as you are.
I'm free 9-10th.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
the boat trip sounds nice! :You_Rock_
i have some water tight barrels(i had a blue one at the last camp) if people want to store dry kit or food drink on the journey.
i also have a spare dry suit it's to small for me only in height 1 or 2" inch less it would fit! (i'm 5' 11") though i don't have any life jackets or simular :( if anyone can get hold of a few that would be good!
if all else fails and we run out of boats, i'll tie myself on, and float behind one of the boats in my dry suit! :lmao:

just to be on the safe side (serious) do we need any sort of permission or permit to use the river?

also if anyone is trying for a canoe certificate (i may as well) prehaps those of us that want to teach or get into the bushcraft business, write down all the details of the trip ie: (only has to be basic!)
map ref's
distance
time etc

and it can go towards a 1,2, or even 3 star certificate! :)

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Unfortunatly,I won't be able to come to this meet, I have to have traction on my neck to relieve a trapped nerve and cant use my left arm that much :( . no paddling for me at the moment :( . Have a good time, though.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
jojo said:
Unfortunatly,I won't be able to come to this meet, I have to have traction on my neck to relieve a trapped nerve and cant use my left arm that much :( . no paddling for me at the moment :( . Have a good time, though.
You could always come to the spot where we camp for a chinwag and a practice of skills :) .

KevB

Forager
Oct 19, 2005
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Hello again all
Just returned from a week in Devon with the family. Gathered loads of Crampball and used it with some dried Sedge (nearly took me eyebrows off!), had a good feast of Marsh Samphire from Westward Ho, an improved hand drill session (charred wood this time!) plenty of nuts and berries etc. Kids and wife were getting a bit fed up with me stopping and rummaging whilst out on walks !

Would love to come to next meet but looks like I'll be a bit busy for the next few weeks - house is like a builders yard and family members in hospital.

Will keep tabs on this thread when I can.

See ya'll sometime

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Snufkin said:
You could always come to the spot where we camp for a chinwag and a practice of skills :) .

Well, I don't know why I did not think of that in thefirst place :confused: Yes, I can come for that, after all its not my tongue that needs traction or avoid exercise :lmao: . Where will you meet and on what day? I can always bring those bows I am making.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
My wife and i have been a-foraging and collected 4lb of blackberries(bramble),
most already is jam!

i made some Elderberry/bramble jam which is nice.
also made some less sucsessful crab apple jam, sort of sweet but very dry and bitty(my wifes chucking it in favour of bramble as i type :rolleyes: )

I've found an excellent site (not telling! :p ) which will soon have huge Beachnuts and sweet Chestnuts! it's where we got the berries from! tee hee!

guess what jam i'm having all next year? :rolleyes:

another reminder

9th or 10th of september
please post your best day to meet up
so the new guys can meet the old.

by the way i've been practicing the flint/steel and now have a better char cloth, also made up four "bow drill bows" so you guys can have a go. :)

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
What was that other site Lord Lurcher mentioned when we went to Whittlingham? I seem to recall him saying it was bigger and would be worth taking more time to explore.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
i see no reason why we can't go to hevingham heath if we want to,
can i call a vote? :)

yes or no.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE