Norway Jan 2013 -Planning and Preparation

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Seeing this is making my feet itch........... maybe may have to join you in 2014, thats if you do a trip

Last edited:

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Just time for a quick trip back to the States if you've forgot anything :)

Nooooooo.... coming back, my check-in luggage weighed just under 100lb, and luckily they didn't weigh my two carry-on bags - 30kg. and I was wearing the fishtail parka with two liners and hood.......

And just to cap it all, the torn calf muscle which had just settled down decided to flare up again!

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Where's that then? I'm looking to camp just north of the ...Are we talking about the same area?

Last edited:

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire

Re the latter reference, the translation of this into English is as follows, courtesy of Google Translate!

This trail runs on the logging road from Sognsvann to Ullevålseter - east of the water - and the "main course" from Sognsvann and into the forest. The road is very widely used in both summer and winter. Want to go a little more at peace, you can select track 705, which takes up right at svartkulp, about 900 meters from the start. You can also come to the hammer by taking up here and follow the trail at 371 Anchor Road. Near svartkulp is also the geographical center of Oslo.

The trail inland from Sognsvann should be easy for most people - it has only a gentle uphill by water, otherwise it is mostly quite flat. The stretch of incline is approximately 1.7 km (from about 200 to about 300 m.). Before Major Åklungen surfaces trail out, and follow the water further inland. Here you pass 60 degrees north (marked on a blackboard along the way).

The last part of the course consists of a 400 meter long hill to Ullevålseter. Just before the hill, there is a trail to the right. The leading example to hammer (trail 708) and Kikutstua (trail 235).

On Ullevålseter there is food and drink for purchase. From here, open up a range of opportunities to continue the trip. You may Kikutstua by selecting Run 799, which goes down to the Eastern Aurtjern. There is also a connection to Kobberhaughytta and Langmyr / Nordmark Chapel. Trail 274 goes against Tryvannstua via Scolding kid, with a possible detour to Skjennungstua while trail 210 is illuminated trail to Frognerseteren.

Undo edits

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
Yes Neil we all know ill be carrying the other 4 I'm going with and having to save Andy at the same time it's a hard job but someone has to do it :p

Sent from my Baobab Tree.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE