Norway Jan 2013 - Five (plus one) go wild on the Nordmarka

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
it was not a Mora it was the new issue highlander knife, substandard to the Mora in my opinion. it broke battening trying to go through a knot in the wood, I had a Mora with me and used it to baton the same wood pile and had no issue going through knots I came across.

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
I did hit very hard too, do not know my own strength :) Compared to a clipper and yes it is slightly cheaper made but I do not think clipper would have lasted on the piece of I wood I used it on either. So lesson learnt for me if i try anything like it again I would go for a full tang knife or try a smaller piece of wood :)

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
I did hit very hard too, do not know my own strength :) Compared to a clipper and yes it is slightly cheaper made but I do not think clipper would have lasted on the piece of I wood I used it on either. So lesson learnt for me if i try anything like it again I would go for a full tang knife or try a smaller piece of wood :)

You should have taken that one I showed you at North Wood Pete. :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE