Norway Jan 2013 - Five (plus one) go wild on the Nordmarka

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I would advise anyone that feels that they might be going out of their comfort zone and feel they may need support be open and honest about it and ask for help / backup, most importantly be honest with yourself whether or not you are able to do the trip without help. fools will die alone.

That is the key. Things like this are best done as a team effort. Work together, trust your team members and always have an escape plan.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I can see this trip getting a bit bigger next time.... :), some thing I would love to do.

Just organise one with a bunch of mates from around your neck of the woods/Meets.

Check here and elsewhere online for kit - either new or Army surplus the choice is yours.

Arrange Meets where kit is checked and used, go over your aims for the trip.

Cheap flights all the time to Norway.

Google earth is your friend when scouting out an area, then buy maps on line.

Job done :)

HTH

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Just organise one with a bunch of mates from around your neck of the woods/Meets.

Check here and elsewhere online for kit - either new or Army surplus the choice is yours.

Arrange Meets where kit is checked and used, go over your aims for the trip.

Cheap flights all the time to Norway.

Google earth is your friend when scouting out an area, then buy maps on line.

Job done :)

HTH

A couple of us from Suffolk Group have been speaking about it for a fair few months, so have been watching the threads with interest.. :).

And been getting a few good tips.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Off to annoy the Sussex bunch this weekend - well, I need to dry out my tent:) Conditions look perfect too. Think I'll take along my some Calvados, seeing as you guys didn't enjoy it! (I don't think they're ready for the Thai Red Cock, Thong or Chinese Pagoda stuff yet.................)

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
A couple of us from Suffolk Group have been speaking about it for a fair few months, so have been watching the threads with interest.. :).

Come to a Midlands meet and we'll have a natter over a cup of coffee or in the evening tall tales will be told over a Cider :)

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
To save anyone else having to google Lomper, here is a description and recipe ;) Are they a bit like irish potato cakes then lads?

The "recipe" in that blogg is not complete.

Lomper (aka Stomp, potetkak, lefse, buss).

1/2 kg boiled peeled potatoes
1/2 teaspoon salt
approx 1 1/2 dl flourmix( 1/2 dl wheat flour + 1/2 dl rye flour + 1/2 dl barley flour)

1 Mash the potatoes together with the salt while the potatoes are still hot.
2. Let the potatoe mash cool down.
3 Mix the flour and the potatoe mash.
4 Roll out the dough to 3 millimeter thick "plates" that is about 15 cm in diameter.
5 Use a frying pan with a flat bottom. Roast the "plates" in the pan till they are finished (use no butter, oil or fat, the pan must be dry, cast iron pans give the best result). To check if the pan is hot enough, sprinkle some flour in it, if the flour turns golden brown, the pan is hot enough).
6 Flipp the lompe around in the pan several times during the roasting.

It can be a very difficult dough to work with, and sometimes it becomes very "short", meaning it is difficult to roll out. Different types of potato gives different kind of dough.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Ohhh, marvellous! Thats a lot easier to follow than the incomplete one, thank you for sharing the proper recipe :) I'm guessing dl is what we refer to as lb or pounds ie approx 500g?

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Come to a Midlands meet and we'll have a natter over a cup of coffee or in the evening tall tales will be told over a Cider :)

Thank you for the invite Martin, we will do, Feb and it looks like March are out for me, i'll keep my eye open, if we can make it will pop over, it would be good to meet others.

Scopey

Forager
Apr 26, 2012
Brandon,Suffolk

Myself and a good friend from Norfolk have been reading the threads considering this for 2014 , Great minds think alike;)

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Looks like two more expeditions are in the planning :camping:

Twodogs

Don't you mean three? We need to plant another flag :lmao:

inamethispartofnorwayfo.jpg

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Myself and a good friend from Norfolk have been reading the threads considering this for 2014 , Great minds think alike;)

Scopey we got a meet at Orchards on the 2nd March if you can make it, perhaps have a natter about next year?... see the Suffolk Group thread.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE