North wood 26-29 august 2011 inclusive of the bank holiday

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
Phil your more than welcome to come i asume your over 18 or will have someone with you thats over 18 so ill add your name to the list for you.

please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1 and include this line in the paste

1. woodspirits
2. Twodogs
3. Cliv
4. Karl82
5. NLW
6. MartinK9
7, luckylee.
8. Preper
9.cowboy (and guest TBC)
10. Snarfs Sniff (TBC)
11. freedom (Phil)

Last edited:

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1 and include this line in the paste

1. woodspirits
2. Twodogs
3. Cliv
4. Karl82
5. NLW
6. MartinK9
7, luckylee.
8. Preper
9.cowboy (and guest TBC)
10. Snarfs Sniff (TBC)
11. freedom (Phil)
12 Muddy Boots (fingers crossed)

I'll put me name down for this. I know it clashes with a VW event so will be a TBC but if I can get cover for the race team I should be good to join ya.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
1. woodspirits
2. Twodogs
3. Cliv
4. Karl82
5. NLW
6. MartinK9
7, luckylee.
8. Preper
9.cowboy (and guest TBC)
10. Snarfs Sniff (TBC)
11. freedom (Phil)
12 Muddy Boots (fingers crossed)
13.dave 53

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
this extended meet gives us a little more time to practice a few skills, there are a couple of new lads at this meet (and me!) who would appreciate a bit of skill sharing, so i posed the question to the north wood regulars. so far neil (nolightweight) has kindly offered this...

''Right, just had a check.

Got loads of hearth boards, drills (both stored dry for about 9 months), and material for bird's nests. A couple of bows and bearing blocks, more can be made on site if needed. I've got plenty of paracord. Probably got some nice dry bark to hold the ember too.

I've a couple of Fresnel lenses if anyone wants to try them (sun permitting), loads of char cloth and a flint and steel kit if anyone wants a taz at that. I'll bring the tin along if folk would like to fire up some batches for themselves.''

a couple of guys on the list have asked for a little tutorial on carving woodspirits, ok by me. :D
if anyone has anything else to offer, shout up! the more variety the better, tarpology, maps, compass, knots, tree/plant id, etc etc

steve

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
My camp down here in Wiltshire is loaded with flint so I can bring some for fire kits and possibly even some knapping, but I ain't that good at it, can get pressure flake blades and the like from it but no hand axes :)

I can also teach some Navigation stuff, I have a few spare compasses so if you don't have one you cab borrow one,

I seemed to have been missed off the list, so I have put me back on.

please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1 and include this line in the paste:

1. woodspirits
2. Twodogs
3. Cliv
4. Karl82
5. NLW
6. MartinK9
7, luckylee.
8. Preper
9. cowboy (and guest TBC)
10. Snarfs Sniff (TBC)
11. freedom (Phil)
12. Muddy Boots (fingers crossed)
13. dave 53
14. TinkyPete (TBC due to work)

Hopefully will have some of the stuff people have ordered in the food department for this one as I I hopefully holidaying with my mate in Scotland a couple of weeks earlier during my leave. Work may put pay to getting the rats as I may be on course and loose my leave but still not finalised.

Last edited:

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
good stuff pete, i have never even seen knapping let alone tried it, could be interesting :) your night navigation was good before, rat packs etc sales swops always welcome!

Last edited:

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1 and include this line in the paste:

1. woodspirits
2. Twodogs
3. Cliv
4. Karl82
5. NLW
6. MartinK9
7, luckylee.
8. Preper
10. Snarfs Sniff (TBC)
11. freedom (Phil)
12. dave 53
13. TinkyPete (TBC due to work)

Sorry lads can't make this one now. have a great meet.

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
I would be grateful to provisionally put my name down... Is anyone else bringing little 'un's? I'm tempted to bring my 4 year old. She's very well behaved and mad for the outdoors!

Skill's wise. Natural tinders, axe sharpening, 3 essential bushcraft knots (evenk, truckers hitch, taut-line hitch) bowdrill and a few other bits.

Cheers, al.

1. woodspirits
2. Twodogs
3. Cliv
4. Karl82
5. NLW
6. MartinK9
7, luckylee.
8. Preper
10. Snarfs Sniff (TBC)
11. freedom (Phil)
12. dave 53
14. The Big Lebowski (TBC)

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
If I can make this I'll have my 6 year old lad Al. Your daughter can teach him how to be well behaved and maybe even a few knots? That would be a bonus!

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
sounds brilliant!, all for getting the youngsters involved to appreciate nature, all good. very welcome al' and of course joseph, well behaved? hes a credit to you chad :D dave53 is hopefully coming down from your neck of the woods too.

Last edited:

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Cool :)

Be nice to catch up chad, and meet yourself woodspirits! She does love those knots...
It takes me twice as long to pack away now, sorting the hammock cords out with all kinds of weird and wonderful concoctions...!

I think I'll be coming down with Dave 53 if all go's well. Regards, al.

Priam

Forager
May 24, 2011
Cheshire
Looking forward to it!

1. woodspirits
2. Twodogs
3. Cliv
4. Karl82
5. NLW
6. MartinK9
7, luckylee.
8. Preper
10. Snarfs Sniff (TBC)
11. freedom (Phil)
12. dave 53
15. Priam (TBC) poss other commitments.

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.

1. woodspirits
2. Twodogs
3. Cliv
4. Karl82
5. NLW
6. MartinK9
7, luckylee.
8. Preper
10. Snarfs Sniff (TBC)
11. freedom (Phil)
12. dave 53
15. Priam (TBC) poss other commitments.
16. Andy T (TBC)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE