North Carolina trip planned for April...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

outdoorgirl

Sep 25, 2004
nr Minehead
Hi folks,

Andy and I are planning a trip to North Carolina in April - my sister lives near Asheville at the bottom of the Appalachians, and we will visit her and her family as part of the trip, but would like to do a little hiking and sightseeing around that.

We'll be flying into Washington mid-April, and back home after the early May bank holiday, so will have a good two weeks there.

I've been over several times, and have visited Lake Lure, Chimney Rock, Grandfather mountain, and done some solo day hiking while travelling dow the Parkway - I would drive a distance (40-60 miles usually), stop off at a camp site, pay the nightly fee and set up my tent, then walk the next morning whatever circular routes were around the camp area, and move on to the next spot.

Andy has never been, so this will be a first time trip for him! The only place he want to ensure we fit in is the Jack Daniel's factory in Tennesee! :)

Right now we plan to do as I did before, and get in some day hikes along the parkway, but does anyone have any suggestions? I would dearly love to get a hike of several days out in proper wilderness, but it would have to be an organised group as we're unfamiliar with the location and it's dangerous to go unprepared with local knowledge.

Try to get to Trail Fest, weekend of 23 Apr in Hot Springs NC. It is right as the AT thru hikers are coming thru town, low key festive with local and trail color. If you make it, look me up in the park by the river..site # 23. I'll be demonstrating the Jacks R Better hammock quilts and under quilts.

This is not Trail Days ...the huge festival of all things hiking in Damascus VA, 13-15 May this year. If you are in the USA recommend this party also.

jstyles

Sep 24, 2004
Wirral, UK
www.freewebs.com
I would recommend a trip to the coast. Went to Cape Hatteras three or four years ago and found it a very unspoilt and exhilarating piece of the coast. Great for walking. Some huge dunes and the ocean is beautiful there try a boat trip to the Outter Banks.

:wave:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE