non slip mat for DC3/4 and simalar

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
I got to wondering of a good way to keep my DC3 sharpening stone still whilst using it and then thought of this:

Simply cut a little bit of non slip dashboard mat (see here... http://uk-car-store.com/dash-mat.asp for example but I picked mine up from my local Wilko's store for 99p) :)

to match the size of your stone and find a relatively flat surface. Then lie the non slip mat on the flat surface, place your stone on top of the mat and off you go. I have seen RM on one of his DVD extras using small nails on a flat log but when I do this I can never get them out of the wood again :( , so I find this quicker and simpler.

Just got to find a way of keeping my bit of non slip mat with my sharpener now...any ideas people? :confused:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Stu,

why not glue two pieces of dash mat together (on 3 sides) and make a pouch for your stone to replace the Fallkinven pouch?

REd

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Neiltoo said:
Link doesnt seem to work :confused:

Oh bugger, works for me :eek:

Errrrr hows about this? it's a bit small but perhaps you can save it and zoom in?
The bottom pic shows a waterstone holder where the waterstone is held in position by a wooden wedge
39914906f4d16f09cb279d15013ccfdae560bc5c934a70c63a568f3c.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE