Night Vision Scope ''Gen2'' For Sale

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
###SOLD### Hi, I'm selling this HTH-721 GEN2 Night Vision Scope,as I have lost my Shoot at a Local farm,where I used it in the Barn's to keep the Rat's in check.
scope001.jpg

scope002.jpg

It's in Exellent Condition apart from the on/off click switch can sometimes stick.And the pouch for the scope isn't the correct one,as I lost it.
You are also getting a Exellent condition YUKON IR Illuminator in it's pouch.
It's been re-conditioned,And I'm asking for £550 including Postage. As I need the Cash in a hurry.
All payments via PayPal as Gift or Payment Owed
UK Buyer's Only Please
Cheers

Last edited:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Can you give a bit more description? What type reticle? What magnification? What's the eye relief?

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Hi, Yeah the Magnification is 3 times,the resolution is 36lp. and it's has a 2 brightness level Red Crosshair Aiming point.and it's powered by 1 ''3 Volt CR123A Battery''

Last edited:

tjwuk

Nomad
Apr 4, 2009
Cornwall
Eye Relief: How far you can hold the lens away from your eye before the image distorts. The better the lens the better eye relief.

My mistake, just reaslised you werrn't aksing what it means, but what it is for this device

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Eye Relief: How far you can hold the lens away from your eye before the image distorts. The better the lens the better eye relief.

More to the point; The shorter the eye relief the less recoil the rifle must have. A longer eye relief allows use on a higher power rifle.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Hi, Right my mate has told me that he can no longer afford the Nightvision scope,So it's back up for sale at the new price of £500 with postage.
cheers

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
On a hard recoiling rifle all optical scopes need eye relief - otherwise you get an almighty smack in the eye when you pull the trigger!

...and yes, I have seen that happen more than once to inexperienced people setting up a new rifle :( Claret everywhere.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
On a hard recoiling rifle all optical scopes need eye relief - otherwise you get an almighty smack in the eye when you pull the trigger!

...and yes, I have seen that happen more than once to inexperienced people setting up a new rifle :( Claret everywhere.

That's what I was asking, I thought NV scopes were only optical at the objective end. TV screens dont produce an exit pupil like a lens does. No? No exit pupil, no eye relief and you can be as close or as far away as you feel you need to be?

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
See here....

how-night-vision-works.jpg

When you look through the eyepiece you are looking at an image projected onto a phosphor screen, not a collimated pinpoint of light through a lens. No lens, no exit pupil. No exit pupil, no eye relief.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I understand your point Martyn, but

How is riflescope eye relief different from other optical device eye relief? All optical device users must be concerned with FOV perimeter shadow. However, a shooter must be even more concerned with eye relief for another reason - recoil. The eyepiece rim will impact the shooter's eyebrow during recoil if the eye relief is too short. In severe cases, the eyepiece rim will gash the shooter's eyebrow. Therefore, gun scopes are designed with longer eye relief than most optical devices - between 3 inches and 3+5/8 inches depending on the model. (Handgun scopes have a much longer eye relief than even riflescopes because they are normally aimed at arms length.) Yes, dealing with FOV perimeter shadow is frustrating. Dealing with recoil if eye relief is too short is hazardous.

http://www.about-shooting.com/Eye_Relief.php

So whilst it may be technically possible to move the head around and obtain a perfect image at a variety of distances, there will be a minimum safe distance between the eyepiece and the eye. In shooting circles this is likely to be understood as eye relief - even if this is perhaps not a technically correct expression. Contextual validity and all that.

It may be possible to have near zero eye relief - but it would be extremely unsafe on some rifles.

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE