• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 5, 2010
failie
Hi my name is Dougie and I come from the west of Scotland a place called Fairlie which is near Largs. I am a photographer and I have a falconry centre. My interest in bush craft has been rekindled with working and flying my birds in the country centre where I live and work.

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Hello Dougie and welcome to the forum. Thats cool having your own falconry centre,it would be good to see some pictures on here of some of your birds. Cheers.
Darren

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Hi Dougie - welcome to the forum

I once met Jimmy Tarbuck in Largs in the 80s. I was just walking out of a cafe when the cheeky scouser walked up to me and asked where there was a pay phone, apparently he'd just rolled his beemer into a ditch down the road :)

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Hi Dougie - welcome to the forum

I once met Jimmy Tarbuck in Largs in the 80s. I was just walking out of a cafe when the cheeky scouser walked up to me and asked where there was a pay phone, apparently he'd just rolled his beemer into a ditch down the road :)

Maybe he dropped his Nardini's ice cream cone while driving? Or got the steering wheel stuck in that gap in his gnashers...

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire

Err ... forget that I think it was Lairg not Largs, just looked on Memory Map and it's a hell of a walk from Ullapool for two 13 year olds with packs bigger than themselves.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Hi Dougie,

Missed your intro before.

Take it it's Kelburn you're flying the birds?

I'm near Ayr.

If you ever need a hand at times, i'd gladly help.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE