new stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
There's a few threads on this product.
I read a review that suggested you would have to feed it for many hours to charge a smart phone enough to make a short call.
Would work better with an old fashioned "proper" phone I should think.
As many others out there I've made a good few different types myself and have them stashed in various places for when I'm out and about, but I did end up buying a WildStove which is now my preferred carry about stove.

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
I had a good look at the bio lite stove in Cotswold outdoors in Keswick a few weeks ago. I was less than impressed with the workmanship (internal air holes not debured) for the price.

I've made many woodgas stoves and toyed with the idea of TEG's to self power a fan, and using copper pipe heat exchangers for instant boiling water, but the simplicity and ease of the wild stoves stands it head and shoulders above others IMO.

touched by nature

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
If you're looking for a forced-air woodstove, have a look at the Vital stove. No power generation, but probably better as a stove than the Biolite.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE