New Scandi knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ambiguous

Jul 6, 2013
yorkshire

Another knife i've handled- the handle is spalted beech, the blade is made by polar. My leather work is much to be desired! Criticisms and opinions on how to improve would be much appreciated. :)

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
That Spalted Beech is stunning and those polar blades are good. Looks first rate fella.

Looks a great start on sheath making. Far better than my early attempts. One point would be to pay attention to wet forming down the spine well to avoid that bump. No idea of there is a good way, I just attacked that spot to try and keep the line. I'm no leather guy, so feel free to ignore all I said :)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Difficult to improve on those, mate - they look great to me! If you want to get any posher than that I reckon you just have to keep making them for years.,.................Very nice work :)

shack

Nomad
Mar 30, 2007
Devon
That Spalted Beech is stunning and those polar blades are good. Looks first rate fella.

Looks a great start on sheath making. Far better than my early attempts. One point would be to pay attention to wet forming down the spine well to avoid that bump. No idea of there is a good way, I just attacked that spot to try and keep the line. I'm no leather guy, so feel free to ignore all I said :)
Always goodto pick up tips from folk's experiences, the beech looks great but I'd Wear shoes unless you like real short nails

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
nice i like the wide single bevel for ease of sharpening

ambiguous

Jul 6, 2013
yorkshire
Always goodto pick up tips from folk's experiences, the beech looks great but I'd Wear shoes unless you like real short nails

Ill bear that in mind! it does seem rather silly just being in socks! Thanks for the comments everyone, much appreciated :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE