New (ish) Mini Maglite LED torches

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

peaks

Settler
May 16, 2009
Derbys
Hi,
Does any one have one of the newish LED mini maglite 2xAA torches (the ones with the variable brightness control, strobe + SOS functions) and what do you think of them?

Thanks in anticipation

peaks

Settler
May 16, 2009
Derbys
Thats exactly what I thought & why I'm asking - thanks!

The light output seems pretty good too - 69 lumens

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
i bought one a few weeks ago and its the mutts.you can unscrew the head like the normal ones and hey presto a candle.havnt looked for spare led under spring yet.
nice and bright but one thing they come into thier own when its really dark.
enjoy
adrian

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi i have had one since i cant rememnber always in the car just upgraded it to led never let me down hope this helps regards dave

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
the one on offer in lidl is the standard 2 aa torch but still very good value as you would pay that for the solitare.spare bulb under the spring.
i'm off to lidl!!
ade

blackfeather

Settler
Jun 13, 2010
west yorkshire
I think maglites are robust and reliable but what I do find with all the metal bodied torches I own is that when its really cold the metal body transfers cold to the batteries standard type or rechargeable and they lose power very quickly so what I tend to do is wrap my batteries in a roll of paper so they have at least some insulation from the torch body it works best if your batteries are a loose fit in the body tube then you can wrap more insulation around them...
just my little 2pence worth!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE