New Billy cans

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
A while ago I picked up a three pack of billy cans from http://www.boab.biz/acatalog/Cecil---Co.html I went for the size 1, 3 and 6.
They are made in Australia by a company that have been making that sort of thing since 1924.

DSC_0344_zpsg7nltfqz.jpg

DSC_0345_zpsr9c4iys1.jpg

Plenty of space inside.

DSC_0347_zpsgen4nb3w.jpg

side seam detail

DSC_0346_zpshonp5upu.jpg

Bail attachment.

DSC_0348_zpslododn3d.jpg

the No. 3 is a perfect fit on the Frontier stove with the top hatch removed.

DSC_0349_zps9o5bai8r.jpg

DSC_0351_zpse45ibfsy.jpg

got the machine out and knocked up a bag for the small billy.

they are quite lightweight and I imagine would require some good packing to avoid denting, the lids are close fitting, not rattly like a zebra. On the whole I do quite like them, especially the fact that they do some large sizes.

thanks for looking.

Louis

Disco1

Settler
Jan 31, 2015
UK
boab have a good reputation used them when I was building my landrover expedition vehicle. These are also cheaper than zebra billy cans.

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
And have you used them yet ? Some of these type of billy's tend to rust up pretty quickly if you're not careful.
So far all seems good, I have been making sure that they are fully dry before repacking.

boab have a good reputation used them when I was building my landrover expedition vehicle. These are also cheaper than zebra billy cans.
Boab seem very friendly, with good service. You will have to post a pic of your Landy!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE