Nescafe 3 in 1

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bushcraftbob

Settler
Jun 1, 2007
Oxfordshire
Got a free sachet "Nescafe 3 in 1" in the post today, its a coffe sachet that already contains milk powder and one sugar - perfect for us bushcrafters!

Im going to save my sachet for my dartmoor trip in March. Has anyone already tried these? What are they like?

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
i use them and the kenco ones. they're good enough taste wise and they help save on weight loads. having said that i'm not overly fussy with coffee, so long as its sweet, hot and wet. i would recommend 2 sachets for a crusader mug tho.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
.......but like the kenco ones more.

what he said, only exactly the opposite! much prefer the nascafe ones.

at the risk of sounding like a bit of a purist (i'm not) and possibly taking the moral high ground (you can see it from here on a clear day). a big element of bushcraft to me is the idea of having respect for the environment, as such i try to import as little rubbish into the "bush" as i can, disposable anything seems to be slightly at odds with this. i really can't see what's wrong with putting something like a couple of screw top plastic containers (maybe a US decontamination box if you want the labelled kit) full of coffee and sugar from home into my brew kit. just my thoughts, please feel free to ignore them

stuart

slasha9

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Cannock
woodlife.ning.com
I love 'em! Nescafe are mounting a sales drive of 3-in-1 sachets to try to get teens and 20 somethings to drink more coffee by making it easier to prepare, but I found the same sachets in loads of pound shops (with all the small print in polish/arabic/serbo-croat/hieroglyphics/martian) years ago, I bought so many that every time I pick up a rucksack (seventeen at last count, I could stop if I wanted to) some more coffee drops out, great stuff for any time outdoors

chris_r

Nomad
Dec 28, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Got to say I've become a bit of a coffee snob recently. I was given an MSR Mugmate for Christmas so it's nothing but the finest ground for me. No milk, no sugar, no worries.

salan

Nomad
Jun 3, 2007
Cheshire
Well as we take our tea and coffee black no sugar....
Good idea though for some.
We keep some sachets of coffee in the car together with some tea etc.
Alan

andythecelt

Nomad
May 11, 2009
Planet Earth
Use them and love them. I also like the Kenco ones. I've picked up nut flavoured 3 in 1 in pound shops, no brand you'll have heard of but still good. I've bought Nescafe 2 in 1 too, cracking.

Sparrowhawk

Sep 8, 2010
Huddersfield
A big element of bushcraft to me is the idea of having respect for the environment, as such i try to import as little rubbish into the "bush" as i can, disposable anything seems to be slightly at odds with this. i really can't see what's wrong with putting something like a couple of screw top plastic containers (maybe a US decontamination box if you want the labelled kit) full of coffee and sugar from home into my brew kit. just my thoughts, please feel free to ignore them

stuart

I can't help but agree with Stuart here. I love the idea of sacheted coffee and milk, but I can't help but feel that more plastic wrappers in the back-country is a bad thing.

Has anyone managed to source an alternative in paper sachets rather than plastic?

Josh

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE