Nanok SF-25 sleeping bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stickbow

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2006
Northampton England
Hi There
Does anyone have any experiance of these bags, I am 5'9" and sleep in a hammock.
Any info ie: build quality, warmth, size, any info will be helpfull.
Cheers

"Have fun shoot a stick"

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
i have the endurance-10 and its huge! i am about 5ft 10" and slim build!

I think you'll be fine with this one size wise!

Dan

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
i have the endurance-10 and its huge! i am about 5ft 10" and slim build!

I think you'll be fine with this one size wise!

Dan
You think the -10 is huge....

I've got a -25.. fits me (16'1", 15.5 Stone :eek: ) but it's bulky, heavy (about 2.5Kg IIRC) and way too warm for me in the UK (I used a -10 in Norway in an unheated lavuu at -20)

The thing with sleeping bags is the lower the rating, the snugger they get, so while the 0 has plenty of elbow room, and the -10 is cosy, the -25 is a very snug fit. I think the idea is to reduce the amount of air inside the bag that you have to warm up, and stop it being pumped out / cold air sucked in as you move about in the bag.

If you're using it in a hammock then you'll compress the insulation below you, reducing it's effectiveness, (which will also happen on the ground) the difference is that in a hammock you have airflow under you taking the heat away, whereas on the ground you'll (hopefully) have a mat that insulates you from the cold ground.

The other thing to consider is that the Nanok has side zips, which are great on the ground, but not so good in a hammock where a centre zip would be easier ;)

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
I've got a ray mears golden eagle made by nanok to try at the w/end.
It's rated -25 to -35.

I'll be in a tent though and I think the night temps may be mild,need to check forecasts again.

I'll post how I felt in it though.

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
Hi There
Does anyone have any experiance of these bags, I am 5'9" and sleep in a hammock.
Any info ie: build quality, warmth, size, any info will be helpfull.
Cheers

"Have fun shoot a stick"

I got the Nanok WGD Performance -30.. I like it warm!..

Ok well in a camper van its warm use it as a quilt plenty warm enough
Cold hills of ardeche!! in a folding tent quilt over me and my 2 year old nice and toasty

Angelsey whole week tent warm

Oxford england hammock rain cold inside nice and warm

Holland coldish night in the hammock blooming freezing! I only had my pad but it kept slipping so I got cold from that the top half was ok ;)

So basically its a warm bag so I guess the -20 is similar I use a silk liner to keep it clear this addes another 5 deg. The bag is a bit bigger than the liner.
im about 5.9 large build and it is plenty roomy like all bags with baffles the zip is a pain in the backside in a hammock and I find the head cover a bit to small for my liking akward to get on in the hammock but the rest its a very good bag (its rather bulky mind!!)

Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE