Name that craft.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ben Trout

Nomad
Feb 19, 2006
Wiltshire, GB
I went along to the Viking festival last year and saw something interesting in the little living history display. I'm going to get my Scouts to try it next week, but I don't know if and what it is named. Can anyone help?

Four weighted cords are hung from a bar above head height. A person stands either side and takes two cords. Diagonally opposite cords are swung between the two people. Alternating between left and right handed swings build up a single braid with all four cords. So, does that sound familiar to anyone?

It should be possible to have more than one person on either side and use more cords. I might set that little challenge if they get on well with two.

Cheers.

Ben Trout

Nomad
Feb 19, 2006
Wiltshire, GB
Thanks for your help.

We had a fairly succesful evening with three strand rope making, fingerloop braiding and the whipcord braiding. I don't know that many of them fully memorised the techniques, but the mob seemed to find it interesting.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE