Nalgene 1 quart canteen

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nohoval_Turrets

Sep 28, 2004
Ireland
I have these, and they're great. I believe they do fit in the crusader, but I don't actually have a crusader, so I can't say for sure. They're a great size and shape for shoving down the side of pack, and the loop is handy for carrying.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
no mate the 1 quart canteen is exactly the same dimensions as the US mil one IIRC they were first made under contract for Blackhawk

good to know the nato cup fits but i'm surprised as the bottles a different shape and size to the nato/osprey ones

I'll take some pics of my setup at some point but I have put together

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
no mate the 1 quart canteen is exactly the same dimensions as the US mil one IIRC they were first made under contract for Blackhawk

good to know the nato cup fits but i'm surprised as the bottles a different shape and size to the nato/osprey ones

I'll take some pics of my setup at some point but I have put together

Cheers Lee - it would be interesting to see your cook/water set up. I'll try a pic myself of the bottle and cup.

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
I have been using the Nalgene canteens, or "Oasis" bottles for a few years now and I love them. There is very little plastic taste and they are a handy size and shape. I carry one often in an Australian canteen pouch, similar to the ones Ray Mears sells. They do indeed fit the Crusader Cup, I just tried it. I normally carry mine in a US GI cup, about the same as a Crusader, never tried the Crusader Cup before, it does fit a bit loosely as the 58 pattern bottles are a bit wider than the Nalgene canteen.

The lids are easily replaceable also, I can buy them at the REI store about 5 miles away. I keep some spares about. Cheers!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE