MyTiCup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
The Vargo TI-lite is a very similar pot to the myti-mug and IIRC its something like 97mm internal diameter. The myti-mug is supposed to be a near direct copy in terms of size but IIRC has a hard knob on the lid which sticks up. My Vargo has a folding wire loop instead. The vargo fits a nalgene wide mouth bottle almost perfectly. With a 100g can, gas stove, firesteel, esbit stove and a double pack of esbit tabs (or a lighter as well) inside the pot it makes a nice package. Or a nalgene bottle inside it with the lit at the base with the mesh sack around it all (grips the top of the nalgene around the mouth to hold it all in together). I think the myti-mug would be suitable for both these packing styles.

I have the myti-cup too, came yesterday but I left it at work so have not been able to check it out. I am regretting getting it now. I used to have a really good brewkit sorted. Whitebox stove with a tiny bottle for enough meths to boil a mugful for two people. This fits inside a plastic mug perfectly and I have a Ti-lite mug/pot for boiling up in. IF I took the plastic handle off the mug it would be lighter and possibly fit inside the Ti-lite pot. However if I take the myti-cup the WBS might fit inside it with the fuel bottle inside the mouth of the WBS. That way the whole solo brewkit would be tiny pack size and fit inside my side pocket of the alpkit gourdon 20 litree daysack drybag thingy. Isn't it cool how things work out?!! I seriously hope the myti-cup works out for this. If not I might pass it on or store it in my gear safe (also known as my house , any room, just pick one at random it doesn't matter which - except the toilet).

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I use a MyTi Mug with a nalgene in the bottle pocket of a MaxP Jumbo Fatboy as my outdoor brew kit.
It works very well, I keep a couple of folding cups as well.
I fancy one of the smaller ones though.

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
I use a MyTi Mug with a nalgene in the bottle pocket of a MaxP Jumbo Fatboy as my outdoor brew kit.
It works very well, I keep a couple of folding cups as well.
I fancy one of the smaller ones though.
How is the fit of the nalgene in the MityMug dude, Is it snug or does it wobble around? Any chance of some cheeky pics? ;)

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
It is a loose fit but not so loose that you have space to jam stuff in the gap. More like wobble space only. Well the Ti-Lite is like that which is the same size. I've compared two side by side and there are only a few minor differences such as the lid knob / handle, size was not one of them.

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
I got it and it's small! It is also smaller than the published dimensions (slightly) which means it doesn't fit on the bottom of the bottle I bought it for. Have given it to son and will stick with the MyTiMug

In response to the post above, the MyTiMug is very loose on a Nalgene bottle, but the fit can be made very snug my wrapping some duct tape around the base of the bottle - which also then becomes a useful emergency source of duct tape.

bushcraftbob

Settler
Jun 1, 2007
Oxfordshire
I have the larger mytimug. I like it because when going superlight i use it as a cup for a brew and also making my evening meal in (usually noodles or rice etc).

It also fits a small coleman screwtop gas canister inside it (with a brillo pad and sponge down the side to stop it rattling, and serves to clean the cup too!).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE