My new knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tuscor

Tenderfoot
Mar 12, 2014
Bristol
Wife funded a 30th birthday present - I got in contact with Mark Hill and he made me the following awesome knife:

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3-1.jpg

Carbon steel blade, 3mm with a full flat grind (with micro bevel).

Lovely orange afzelia burl handle scales with black spacers.

Its around 9.5in overall, with blade being just under 5in long.

Absolutely love it, and looking forward to using it in the wild!

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
Well done mark builds a great knife , that's a nice deep blade looks really useful for a lot of tasks

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Craftsman made, look after it and pass it on to your Grandkids..
respect-048.gif

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
I'm loving that blade shape! Mark does make a very good knife which should last you for years, and then your kids, and their kids...

That's a great birthday present, mate, be proud of it!

Shelley

Forager
May 27, 2015
New Zealand
Beautiful looking knife (almost typed wife), I like that the blade is longer than the handle, always seems wrong to me to go the other way, which is why I hate moras I guess.

Tuscor

Tenderfoot
Mar 12, 2014
Bristol
Beautiful looking knife (almost typed wife), I like that the blade is longer than the handle, always seems wrong to me to go the other way, which is why I hate moras I guess.

My wife is also beautiful... but this knife now... wow!

For an all rounder, I prefer a larger, wider blade. Nothing beats a little scandi blade for wood carving but for general camp tasks I think this knife will be perfect.

The trouble is, Mark mentioned he had enough of the afzelia burl for a small companion knife... so my mind immediately went to a little short bladed scandi... I'll have to start saving the pennies, or hope that its still available for next birthday!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE