My Intro

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 2, 2007
Taunton
Hi Guys, just found this site a few weeks ago and i got to say say loads of great info to take on board,My Names Gavin,i live in wonderful somerset near exmoor and the quantock hills. Ex forces when there was a berlin wall! but did loads of adventure training in canada (ambition to live in cabin in the rockies ) 2003 did my first woodlander course with ben and lisa at woodsmoke fantastic! went back the next year to to do their` abo course` again wicked course my smell vision and hearing were so acute on course and on the way home it was wierd.
Go out on my own when i can but just walking down the street i`
m looking at all the plants trees and wildlife test my knowledge and learning all the time.Best time is when me and the wife take our dog out up the quantocks every day (i think i have brian washed her into bushcraft over time) she was a bit of a townie, my intrests are wild foods,carving and i want to start doing some leather craft and knife making met a nice guy called dave budd from devon at a woodcraft show in taunton a few weeks ago he does some great value courses on knife making and leather work,check his site just put in dave budd and you will find it.
any way guys keep up the great threads and all the great info.
best regards Gav.

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Hi Gavin,

Welcome to BCUK mate, my ambition was to live in cabin in the rockies as well, but all went out the window when I met SWMBO as she would be cold on the sun mate.

Brian

Jul 2, 2007
Taunton
Thanks for that brian, yes i had to spend £100 on kit just to get her up pen-y-fan.
but she says that her walking boots are best foot wear shes got and my god she got loads of bloody shoes!

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Welcome Gavin - I've just been up to Woodsmoke too (Plantlore course) - we're on
the reserve list for another course later in the year... didn't book quickly enough ;-)

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
Welcome Gavin! I'm glad you found your way to BCUK :)

You may have met my other half at Taunton (unless she was off walking the dog). I never really needed to get her into bushcraft as we have both come to it from an archaeological point of view - we both did an MA in Experimental Archaeology, which is the route that my courses are begining to take ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE