My first bushcraft knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jamesraykenney

Forager
Aug 16, 2004
Beaumont, TX
It arrived today. Nice olive green handle. Sharp. I might get a leather sheaf to replace the plastic one, just because it looks and feels nicer. I've seen a guy who makes them called Kepis Leather. Looks nice. Anyone else recommend a manufacturer.

I'll have to get some practise in with the sharpening. Will use the five pound sharpening post as a guide. God, I love this stuff.

You will be like me and my Tram(cannot spell the rest) Machette... About $7.00USD for the Machette and about $40.00 for the leather sheath!!!

Great knife by the way... I have a lot of them!.
I have a lot of more expensive knives, but they still get used!
If you outgrow it, you might want to try the Condor Bushlore. It has been getting some good reviews and I am fix'n to order one.

jamesraykenney

Forager
Aug 16, 2004
Beaumont, TX
Nooooooo!!!!!!

My Mora Bushcraft Training Knife - High Carbon Clipper has started to tarnish. How can this be? Advice please.

That is good... You might want to clean the blade well and let it sit in a lemon or a tomato for a while to get a nice even coat on the blade... The oxidation will help protect the blade from more destructive rust.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE