My First Bushcraft Foray for a Looong Time

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
After years of hiking and camping to get somewhere and then years of doing nothing. I found this site in May and saw a whole new way to enjoy the outdoors.

I decided the only thing was to just do it, so found some local woodland and spent a blissful weekend wandering, camping and a morning spent carving my first spoon blank. The perfect therapy to a hectic daily life and a bug I have well and truely caught.

This was the view from the morning.

582566939_8ac858e6c5.jpg

And a roughed out spoon.

582557133_73563bc7b9.jpg

Now that I've finally worked out how to add photos I thought I'd start sharing!

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I've been looking through your photo album and just want to say wow. Do you submit to National Geographic magazine because that's what came to my mind?

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
I've been looking through your photo album and just want to say wow. Do you submit to National Geographic magazine because that's what came to my mind?

Matt,
that's very kind, but I have never submitted anywhere. I'm certainly inspired by National Geographic though.

I'm just dumb enough to carry pounds of camera gear around whereever I go and fire off a few shots when something looks nice. Great to have some positive feedback though. :thanks:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE