My Daniel Boone Challenge.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Really appreciate the time you've taken in writing that up, really enjoyed reading it. Kudos on completing the challenge :)

Cheers!

Been meanng to read this for days - made it! Thanks for a grand write-up and pix ... and several tips for beginners like me :). I must learn to make those cooking contraptions !!! Looks like you had a really good time in a lovely place, love those forest roads, we had them in a wood I used all the time as a teenager, reminds me :)

Thanks Elen, I'm a chef so outdoor cooking always fascinates me.

Copper, had you thought of collecting the rainwater in the tarp? I always get a stash after some rain, even if it only seems a little. I don't always use it but I could with the Billbank Bag and the fire. Would definitely have been in line with your challenge :)

Well somewhat typically it only rained while I was walking about, as soon as I stopped for the day the sun came out!

fantastic write up fella! great pics too!

Cheers!

Really enjoyed reading this Kit, dead jealous but thanks for sharing. Really detailed account of a fantastic time out in the woods.

Thanks Gray,

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Great report bud :)

I'm also seriously considering doing this for the Nov meet aswell now after reading challenge and reports. I really like modern kit but will be fun to challenge myself and go more traditional :)

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Great report bud :)

I'm also seriously considering doing this for the Nov meet aswell now after reading challenge and reports. I really like modern kit but will be fun to challenge myself and go more traditional :)

Cheers Adam, you should give it a go mate. I'll be doing it so it'll be nice not to be the only one freezing my proverbials off ;). I had a real good time doing it and I've got a bit more vintage kit since doing this so looking forward to revisiting it.

A good site for research here.

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
That was a great report! Reading this has really made me want to do this now - just need to get in gear and actually make myself do it, looks and sounds like a lot of fun :)

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
That was a great report! Reading this has really made me want to do this now - just need to get in gear and actually make myself do it, looks and sounds like a lot of fun :)

Do it, get as close as you can to the kit list, don't worry if your not exact.. as you can see from the Suffolk one, there was a mix of kit... You'll learn loads

and remember its Sam's fault :)

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
Do it, get as close as you can to the kit list, don't worry if your not exact.. as you can see from the Suffolk one, there was a mix of kit... You'll learn loads

and remember its Sam's fault :)

Yeah I'm gonna certainly try and do that! Ah ok awesome, it should be good then.. First thing is to have a bash at making a canvas bedroll I reckon and get hold of some woolen blankets for that and for my bushshirt.

Haha it's always good to have someone to blame :lmao:

Cheers :)

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
The bedroll is not really needed, Colin wrapped his blanket in his 3x3 DD tarp to carry it...

Ah fair enough, I've still been wanting to have a go at one though :) I also don't have a tarp at the mo as my one got destroyed from pure idiocy on my part :rolleyes: So I was also gonna make a canvas tarp at the same time..

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Ah fair enough, I've still been wanting to have a go at one though :) I also don't have a tarp at the mo as my one got destroyed from pure idiocy on my part :rolleyes: So I was also gonna make a canvas tarp at the same time..

Sounds like a plan, I got to make myself a canvas tarp :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE