More Mora Or Less Mora???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jelkel25

Jan 13, 2015
Hertfordshire
Hello!!

I purchased a Mora Robust Pro from Springfields, upon arrival it was just stuffed in a Jiffi bag with no packaging (an immediate red flag) and the finish didn't go as far as the spine which is black and looking a bit strange. Is this normal or have I been sold a lemon??

cave_dweller

Nomad
Apr 9, 2010
Vale of Glamorgan
I have two, and they are very different. One came from the Ray Mears shop and has a semi-polished, flat(ish) spine. The other was from (I think) Hiennie's and it has a rough, unfinished spine. I think retailers buy them in plastic tubs of 50 pieces or cardboard display stands, so I don't think they come with any packaging.

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
All the moras ive bought have no packing, just the knife and plastic sheath. As mentioned, they are bulk sold from a single box. And all the carbon moras I know of have a rough, unfinished spine. I think only the stainless ones have a ground spine, but Ive never owned one of those.

nitrambur

Settler
Jan 14, 2010
Nottingham
I have a carbon and a stainless mora, the spine on the stainless isn't as rough as the carbon, but it's nowhere near 'finished'

jelkel25

Jan 13, 2015
Hertfordshire
Thanks! Good to know, At least I know I haven't been palmed off with an unfinished article, I want to grind the spine so it can be used on a metal match anyway.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE