Mora Bushcraft Pathfinder Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
And they do seem to know their stuff about a good knife

4ae30bd3.jpg

J.P. Peltonen Sissipukko M95 see they seemingly go for €76.

If the price of the Mora Pathfinder is anywhere near the M95 price, then the M95 would seem a better purchase.

outpost31

Tenderfoot
Jan 7, 2009
scotland
Finally the voice of sense Big Stu, I too hate seeing people hitting the back of their knife. The other thing i can't get my head round is carrying a big knife that weighs as much as a small axe to do the same job. Each to their own I suppose, but i still can't reconcile why not just use an axe.

Last edited:

tom.moran

Settler
Nov 16, 2013
Swindon, Wiltshire
over priced for what it is imo, and as for batoning, nothing wrong with learning the skill as one day you might need it but for general use use an axe if you have one

tsitenha

Nomad
Dec 18, 2008
Kanata
I use/enjoy a Mora 612 (#2 with a finger guard) red handled, does everything I want/need. For bigger jobs out comes my hatchet.

Looks like that might be aimed at the American market; most of our cousins over there seem to prefer a much bigger knife than our "standard" 4" bladed jobby...............

I looked around a few reviews and found them all US style. I don't care for it. Shame as I like some of the mora kit.
take care

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
6 inches of Straight Scandi with a standard mora belly and only weighs 250g is not much use for anything.

I use a Morakniv Classic no 3 (with a 6" blade) as my "go to" trapping knife. I have never found a better choice - particularly for cutting in mole traps. A 4" blade is just not long enough - a thick blade does not slice turf well (or do other trapping tasks like fashioning pegs or tealers) - so for me in the setting and positioning of traps, a 6" scandy is about perfect.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I use a Morakniv Classic no 3 (with a 6" blade) as my "go to" trapping knife. I have never found a better choice - particularly for cutting in mole traps. A 4" blade is just not long enough - a thick blade does not slice turf well (or do other trapping tasks like fashioning pegs or tealers) - so for me in the setting and positioning of traps, a 6" scandy is about perfect.

there's a tool for every job :)

but could you justify the extra cost for one of these when the Morakniv Classic no 3 or a 731 are less than £20

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
For that job? Nope.

I do think though that a lot of "tool snobbery" comes from assuming that everyone else carries out the same, very limited, set of tasks. I have 4" scandies. They are good, general purpose belt knives with an orientation towards wood working. They aren't the "one ring" of cutlery though. I have 2" bladed knives that are superb - as are 10" bladed knives - depends on the task at hand. You pick the tool for the task.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE