Mora Bushcraft Pathfinder Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
The words 'chocolate' and 'teapot' spring to mind.

The whole point of a mora is to have a nice thin blade for easy wood working that's light and cheap to replace when it breaks.
If your going to have a 6 inch survival knife it needs to be strong as hell 5mm thick or more with a full flat or saber grind. And most importantly... Full tang.

I'm sure they will make some money out of it.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Not up my street with that one, i like my Mora to be bright orange and no more than 4inches on the blade length

Last edited:

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
Its a finnish special forces issue one, given to me 16-17 years ago when I was on holiday over there :)

And they do seem to know their stuff about a good knife

4ae30bd3.jpg

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Nice looking knife but not for me. 1, it's above my price range, after all I do have a family and I'm not rich. 2, I prefer shorter blade lenght somewhere around 4".

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
I was taking the p

the guy can't breath out without saying pathfinder...

Yeah ;)

Though it would have been amusing if the knife didn't stand up to his thwacking. Bet he'd be rather annoyed then.

Salaud

Nomad
Aug 24, 2011
isle of man
The words 'chocolate' and 'teapot' spring to mind.

The whole point of a mora is to have a nice thin blade for easy wood working that's light and cheap to replace when it breaks.

I'm sure they will make some money out of it.

I never could understand the Mora concept, I personally would prefer to pay a little more for a knife which just isnt going to break in the first place rather than base my choices on how cheaply it can be replaced..Or to put it another way...hatem..nasty little things.:eek:

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 4

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I've never had one break, yet :lmao:what the fork you all doing with them? Mine are nice wee knives for gutting fish and pairing things and whittling, what you all doing to break one or more?

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I've never had one break, yet :lmao:what the fork you all doing with them? Mine are nice wee knives for gutting fish and pairing things and whittling, what you all doing to break one or more?

indeed

I've seen surprisingly few threads re broken Moras - usually by people I suspect broke them to prove a point - hammering them into hard wood, prying with them ect. Just to say don't use a rat tail use a fulltang

I prefer a kephart design myself but wouldn't pass up on a traditional wooden mora

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
The last three posts all support the notion that this pathfinder knife is a bad idea.
Moras are for light duties. They are not 'survival' knives.

Saying that, I must get a classic 2 as they do look good.

I love my mora whittling knives, but that is what they are for.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Looks good if the price is right (once they are are fully marketed and cheaper) I am not a collector and have got rid of 99% of my knives and not into expensive knives either. Owning a Chris Caine knife and thats my price limit. Would like to try this one out at least although I like the blades to be no less or no bigger than 5 inches.

Last edited:

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Well after watch the full DC video without it crashing a load. I think I will stick to my 2 last knives Chris Caine’s companion and his survival knife.
Just the sheath is horrible and I think at nearly 7 inches the blade is overkill

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
The last three posts all support the notion that this pathfinder knife is a bad idea.
Moras are for light duties. They are not 'survival' knives.

Saying that, I must get a classic 2 as they do look good.

I love my mora whittling knives, but that is what they are for.

for me the pathfinder issues is blade size, can't bushcraft in jail, also it is not orange ;) i put that down in the dark it will disappear like the predator alein

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
the legality of blade length and the regularity of stop and searches by the law to and from anywhere you go around here

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
Not much difference getting caught with a 4 inch knife or a 6 inch knife. If you shouldn't have it on you then that's that.

My point is that a 6 inch blade should have some chopping ability. or a nice long belly for skinning. Like a nessmuck.

6 inches of Straight Scandi with a standard mora belly and only weighs 250g is not much use for anything. I'm sure it's better than nothing at all. But I would rather have a pen knife and a chisel than one if these.

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
the legality of blade length and the regularity of stop and searches by the law to and from anywhere you go around here

Blade length is irrelevant when carrying a fixed blade knife.

You must be able to prove 'Good reason' to have one in your possession, the same goes for any folding knife with a locking blade, and cutting edge of over 3" or 76.2mm

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Sorry cant see the point of his battoning exercise.. just make a couple of gluts and split the wood that way.. less hassle and no knife breakage in the long term.....

I ve got now against long blade knives, this type makes sense to me more then a tactical/Rambo knife..

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none

irrelevant

Blade length is irrelevant when carrying a fixed blade knife.

You must be able to prove 'Good reason' to have one in your possession, the same goes for any folding knife with a locking blade, and cutting edge of over 3" or 76.2mm

or cutting edge of over 3" or 76.2mm but otherwise what he said

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE