Mint tea

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Togger

Dec 16, 2007
Derbyshire
I've been reading through various topics on the forum for the last half hour and started feeling a bit bushcrafty! So into the garden and jus pulled a few leaves off of the mint plant growing in a tub.
Put them into a strainer and pored boiling water of them. I've just left them for five minutes, removed from the water and tried fresh mint tea. I must say it's quite pleasant with a lovely fragrance.
Now to find something else.....!

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
In North Africa mint tea is very popular: no milk, lots of sugar. It is surprisingly refreshing in a hot climate.

DoctorSpoon

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 24, 2007
Peak District
www.robin-wood.co.uk
I grow mint and lemon balm in a pot outside the front door. They are both great on their own or as a mix of the two. Unfortunately my dovecote is also just outside the front door and I have to carefully check the leaves for dove poo before brewing up!

mjk123

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 24, 2006
Switzerland
Mint tea makes a good halfway house if you're trying to wean yourself off (black) tea with milk. Tea with powdered milk never really tastes right, and carrying liquid milk is a bit of a pain. A mint tea bag weighs nothing and is simplicity itself to prepare. To my palat, mint tea tastes sweet even without sugar. Good for hot days and cold days.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Ive been substituting every other cup of "normali-tea" with a mint one at work to reduce the old caffine a bit. Tastes great and I could get used to it all the time. In norway they had an instant one in tubs that was nice and quick-quick.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE