midge net advice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 13, 2011
Iv just purchased a midge net for my tarp to put over door Area. its lenght is fine but height is short. It would be ideal to cut the lenght & ad it to the height , Any ideas how to go about this i.e to make seems & stich ?

Ch@rlie

Nomad
Apr 14, 2011
Felixstowe
I'm new to using a sewing maching myself, when I did my bug net on my hammock the other day I used zig-zag stitch to add some kind of strength.
think I would be inclined to google/youtube a french seam there's another people use to do make the ridge seam in tarps but I don't know its name.
but I guess the basics of the seam you would require, would be like a folded/rolled hem then material opened out hem laid to one side and stitched flat.
I have thought of adding bug net to my tarp also but at the moment I'm unsure on how I want to use the tarp most.

Last edited:
May 13, 2011
Thanks charlie aye you tube sounds the bizz , gonna have to learn two- the end cut & the section i fit togeather for the height . il check you tube & google it see what comes up. let me know if you hear off a good quick fix .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE