Merino Wool Base Layer Question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

WoodMan

Forager
Jan 18, 2008
Norfolk
I use merino longjohns from Amazon I think they are Mountain Life or Mountain Style, something like that. Very happy with them. I've always been a fan of natural materials particularly for long term trips/work. Glyn.

Urban X

Nomad
Apr 6, 2012
Thanet, Kent
£17 :yikes: bugger that lol.

Gonna get some of the blokes ones for my son as he suffers with chillblains and wearing acryllic just makes it worse, gave him a pair of my fishing socks which are lambswool and it helped alot so reckon the merino will be better and cheaper at those prices, £4 for blokes ones on sale. :)

Si

£17 :yikes: bugger that lol.

Gonna get some of the blokes ones for my son as he suffers with chillblains and wearing acryllic just makes it worse, gave him a pair of my fishing socks which are lambswool and it helped alot so reckon the merino will be better and cheaper at those prices, £4 for blokes ones on sale. :)

Si
Yeah bugger paying £17 for some..! Just ordered some of those from your link, much better deal.... thank you :D

Urban X

Nomad
Apr 6, 2012
Thanet, Kent
Ah cool, ur welcome, glad to help out I really envy you and dreadhead for your trip, from what I've read so far seems like it's gonna be awesome, good on ya both. :D

Si

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Another vote for the Aldi's stuff, if you can find it :)
I've worn a lot of thermal merino and silk over the years, this stuff works very well, and it washes well too :cool:
It was about a quarter of the price I usually pay, so that was another bonus. If they do it again, I'm having some more :)

atb,
M

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
So it's not the natural, environmentally friendly product I thought it was then? :(

Si

Yes, its bamboo viscose so the same manufacturing process as rayon/viscose. The environmentally friendly claims made are based on the use of bamboo which is very fast growing and, unlike cotton, does not require pesticides and lots of water to flourish.

Another vote for the Aldi's stuff, if you can find it :)
I've worn a lot of thermal merino and silk over the years, this stuff works very well, and it washes well too :cool:
It was about a quarter of the price I usually pay, so that was another bonus. If they do it again, I'm having some more :)

atb,
M

I'll deff keep my eye out for the aldi stuff, sounds well worth it if I can find it :D I suppose im in no rush, just want to get something before my money goes haha!

para106

Jul 24, 2009
scotland
I have a set from Mountain Warehouse which were pretty cheap & decent quality. At the moment there's quite a lot of Trekmates stuff in TK Maxx - up here anyway. There's also a lot of Merino wool jumpers on the go too. Good luck.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE