Maybe set your PVR for this

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Thanks for that.
Can you remember a film about the explorers who first did this ?
It was a really good film.

Timer set, thanks.

I think you might be thinking of "The Mountains of the Moon" the film about Burton and Spekes adventures.

[video=youtube;Vt7Bgp-ORds]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt7Bgp-ORds[/video]

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Yes, looking forward to this. I was thinking of the Ed Stafford one ànd thought this might be a repeat...perhaps they’re faster walkers :)

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Yeah, watched it this evening.

And perversely whilst trying to follow a river.

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
Bloody hell! Wasn't expecting that. Very sobering.

I know and there was a real sense of irony in that they weren't even part of the original exped, they just thought it would be good to tag along as journalists and document part of the journey.

Very sobering and very tragic

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
On Reflection they shouldn't have traveled in those temps. Running out of Water was a serious mistake that cost a life. I touched on this in a earlier thread on TV survival programs becoming dangerous. I know it was not a Survival program but the end results speak for themselves. they got out of their depth by disregarding simple rules.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
I thought they ran low on water because they were trying to get his body temperature down.

Last edited:

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
I thought they ran low on water because they were trying to get his body temperature down.
Yes that was why they ran out of water, but it should never have happened. especially only 3 miles from a river. Anyway, walking in that heat was crazy.

When the guy went down the first time they should have saw the signs and called for help.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE