Making Bacon.. and maybe some Duck Prosciutto.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Nifty. Got some bacon and smoked salmon in the smoker as I type. Also, after loving the duck prosciutto, am trying pheasant breasts. Leaving one plain and lightly smoking one. I really do love my cold smoker. Try smoking a load of basic veg, carrots, onion, peppers, garlic etc, drying them and powdering them, makes a fabulous stock powder, get through about a 2ltr jar evey year.

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Nifty. Got some bacon and smoked salmon in the smoker as I type. Also, after loving the duck prosciutto, am trying pheasant breasts. Leaving one plain and lightly smoking one. I really do love my cold smoker. Try smoking a load of basic veg, carrots, onion, peppers, garlic etc, drying them and powdering them, makes a fabulous stock powder, get through about a 2ltr jar evey year.

Sounds wicked !! Need to see some photos of your wonderful undertakings.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Wow.!! Cracking result.... Yum.

Biggest ingredient with this is literally just Time. Once they are salted and cured ( over 24 hours ) the rest is just leaving them in the fridge to mature and harden off some more.

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
Biggest ingredient with this is literally just Time. Once they are salted and cured ( over 24 hours ) the rest is just leaving them in the fridge to mature and harden off some more.
People tell me that I must be a patient person to fish. This is next level

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
People tell me that I must be a patient person to fish. This is next level

They were Salt cured on the 11th - so 20 days ( I'm a whizz at maths ) so apart from them getting in the way of the orange juice and milk in the fridge as they hung in front of them its really painless.

When I start making some cheeses , my patience may well be far more tempted.

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE