majorly pimped smock!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
finally got round to pimping my swedish snow smock it has taken me several weeks and its all handstitched.

first i dyed it with dylon antique grey with more salt than required so its come out really dark and patchy. then i cut a triangle out the back and stitched it up to cut it down to size a bit. i cut it down the front and added a reindeer leather rim all around it. i cut the cuffs down and added reindeer leather cuffs which are massive for when wearing bulky gloves. i added a strap the retain them when not wearing gloves. i then added 15 antler buttons. heres some pictures (phone quality)

imag1103l.jpg

imag1104.jpg

By wanderingpict at 2012-07-01
20120701151852.jpg

20120701151904.jpg

20120701151916.jpg

20120701151928.jpg

20120701152015.jpg

i think i could stop a bullet with my fingers after all that sewing! this was the first time iv altered clothing so im sure there are a hundred ways better to do things but i done it anyway and it works for me. when stitching up the back i must have pulled it funny because it tapers in so it looks like my bum is munching it but ach well!

there is still alot to do. some stitching needs fixed from where its been cut and iv yet to add some patches with my half-goat sigil and whatnot and it also needs waterproofed. ill have to find something to paint on as with all the leather machine washing isnt ideal.

thanks for looking anyway! ill post these in the pimp my smock thread too

Hamish

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Great work...100 times better than the original smock......I like the worn look too, almost like a waxed jacket.........& that orange leather trim (& button holes) reminds me of waylands rucky..:D

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
nice smock hamish I've just been taking some pictures of foxgloves up the forest by me today, like the ones behind you such a beautiful flower and yet so deadly regards dave

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
nice smock hamish I've just been taking some pictures of foxgloves up the forest by me today, like the ones behind you such a beautiful flower and yet so deadly regards dave
You dont have to eat them. They do have medicinal uses, the most commonly prescribed heart drug is a derivative. They just slow your heart down..........to stationary if you do eat one:D

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
That's one hell of a before and after session!

You've turned what was probably an unwearable, oversized, ill-fitting jacket into something that's really going to serve you well. The fit is superb, as is the general appearance.

Very well done!

bushwacker bob

Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
If ever you reach the beautiful South, I have a sewing machine you can have........ bit late for this time but I am sure you have other stuff planned.

Biker

That is most impressive! Well done Hamish!

I have a swedish snow smock I bought off of Corso here, it's still in the package wrapping that he sent it in. It's one of those projects I'll undertake one day. Seeing what you've done is an inspiration to spur me on. I also took delivery of a sewing machine when I was in the UK last and had a couple of lessons from my mother and I'm champing at the bit to do something with it.

Anyway well impressive hand work that. Big congrats!

be sure to post some of these pix in the Swedish snow smock thread. It shows many of the fine examples of how people have made these smocks their own.

On a side note, so you're moving down south. Don't forget to bring your sunglasses and sunblock factor 20. :lmao: Yeah, I'm joking. Get some decent wellies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE