Made me a little wooden maul

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tjurved

Nomad
Mar 13, 2009
Sweden
Hello I am sure I will find many uses for this little wooden maul. For instance if I do fine carpentry and the pieces don't fit together on the first try, then I just use this. The head is made of pine quite dry, the handle of very dry birch and the wedge of very dry oak. The head weighs 11 kg. Swinging this all day long might make you strong! Originally it was intended to be a chopping block...

Here is how I made it:

Make sure that the wedge is in the right direction.

Then you just beat on the handle with the hammer while holding the maul by the handle with the head down.

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
What can you say to that :lmao:

I think we should have a comp to see who can wield the biggest!

Nice work and thanks for sharing

mojo

Last edited:

Tjurved

Nomad
Mar 13, 2009
Sweden
Yep I will name it "The Beast". Now my neighbors are making a lot of noise.. I think I gonna go and knock on their door.

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
stick it on backpackinglite on offer for a light weight tent mallet, personally id be straight down the arcades on one of those pop up gofer machines :-D

Ray Britton

Nomad
Jun 2, 2010
Bristol
It sure is a beast, and will last for years.......As long as you don't try to use it lol.

For comedy effect (and ignoring the split adjoining the handle, and the fact that pine is a poor wood for striking with lol) it is a stunner.....Top marks!

Tjurved

Nomad
Mar 13, 2009
Sweden
It sure is a beast, and will last for years.......As long as you don't try to use it lol.

For comedy effect (and ignoring the split adjoining the handle, and the fact that pine is a poor wood for striking with lol) it is a stunner.....Top marks!
You are right. I made it for fun and for training experiment. I got another one not that big with a head of rowan and handle of lilac which has lasted for years.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE