Looking for burdock in derbyshire area

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
hey all, im looking for some burdock to make some dandilion & burdock beer, i have got loads of dandilions (havent we all) but i cannot find any burdock. Does anybody know if there is any growing in the Matlock area, and if so where, as i have only found 1 plant so far.

Dhole

Jun 12, 2005
Hello

I cant help with locating for you unfortunatly. On the subject though, does it matter if the root (if used for beer) is pulled when the plant is flowering ? As it is recommended not to eat when flowering as the root hardens. I saw some in a forest near Arlington, east sussex. Cant miss it as it had bright purple flowers on it.

dave

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
kiakanpa said:
hey all, im looking for some burdock to make some dandilion & burdock beer, i have got loads of dandilions (havent we all) but i cannot find any burdock. Does anybody know if there is any growing in the Matlock area, and if so where, as i have only found 1 plant so far.
Here is an image from the NBN database showing the 10km squares for the vice county of Derbyshire showing in which squares Burdock (Arctium lappa) has been found.

bush_burdock_derbyshire.png

If you enter your postcode on this site it will list all local plants. Great resource :)

Postcode plants database

Hope that narrows the search :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE