Looking for a decent Welly type boot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
They are decent to me at least - Rydal Wellies from Yorkshire trading Company. Been out in the mud and deep water yesterday with no problems. Just need to wear two pairs of socks or good insoles. Cheaper and Good cant ask for more

atross

Nomad
Sep 22, 2006
London
I would avoid the muck boots, have had two pairs and both have split at the heel. I think it is down to having large calfs! In winter I will use them most days so I guess it depends on your usage. I will be trying out some seeland estate willies next!

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
I like my muck boots tay sport, and they are comfy, but i love my Le Chameau Chasseur leather lined wellies.
I have tried the rest, now i wear the best, you really do get what you pay for!, but they ain't cheap!

RM

Aug 31, 2009
Sevenoaks, Kent
I have tried Hunter wellies - too narrow for my broad foot. Hunter leather lined wellies - scraped my heels raw. Reverted to leather ankle boots which are great until your trousers get wet enough to pour water into your socks, or you need to walk down a wet pot-holed track. Tried gaiters but found the swishing noise annoying and doing up the side zips astonishingly difficult. I got a pair of Aigle leather lined wellies which are great except for being too long for my short stumpy legs and leave wear marks behind my knees. Then I bought a pair of Muck boots. They are without question the best outdoor footwear I have got. Feet stay warm and comfortable even when I have been standing still in icy water for hours when fishing in winter. They do eventually leak and have to be junked, but nothing is perfect. Muck boots rule!

Incidentally the Aigles now work since I cut an inch off the top with pruning shears, but they are nothing near as warm.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE